Will AOC agree to two debates with Tina Forte, her Republican Challenger for NY’s 14th Cong. District?

Gibberish?

Must be an inability to read and comprehend, on the new moon.

Must be

That could be true politically but not from what’s best for the country POV. If she believes she is the best thing for this country and truly loves her country, there is no reason not to debate this challenger and “simply” state all the great things you’ve done for your country. I would label that a good reason but…I love my country and place it way above any political party. IMO…so should “we” all.

Ringing indictment of the US public education system.

There’s a very good reason: why provide that platform to a MAGA whackadoo?

Moreover, we all know that Forte would follow the Trump playbook, turning the "debate"¹ from a joke into a farce, by interrupting and yelling to stifle any hope for meaningful engagement. That’s the new way: all sound, no light.

Finally, the internet is real, and there is plenty of commentary available on AOC, both favorable and unfavorable. We don’t need this Kabuki to find that stuff.

¹debates at their very best are little more than intervaled exchanges of scripted talking points.

1 Like

I hope you are right and they boot her out.

…allow me to repeat myself…which do you place first, your country or your party?

How would the country be better with a debate or debates that will unfold pretty much precisely the way Supreme laid it out?

How would the country be better with debates, period?

AOC does not represent the country but her small part of NY. She has no need to appeal to anyone but her constituents.

If she is making a mistake not engaging with the lunatic Forte then she will pay the price on election day. That is how the system works.

Each viewer would be privy to any question asked by either side and the response by who was asked? There are many, many, many things that those with their noses to the grindstone, are unaware of. This is a time where potentially…honesty can prevail and the truths may be revealed. Why wouldn’t everyone be for this…if…they place their country above their party?

I’m asking all here…which do you place first? It’s your actions, not your words that answer this.

2 Likes

Well, Sknyluv,

I went over AOC’s policies with great interest. Considering the citizens of New York City are now suffering some of the devastating effects of unregulated and mass immigration of other country’s poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, and criminal populations, and scarce public housing is now being filled with foreign nationals while New York’s citizens, including U.S. Military Veterans are going homeless, I was astonished to learn AOC expressed no intention to secure our border and end the current massive flood of foreigners into the United States which now, under AOC’s watch, is estimated to be about 4 MILLION since 2020 and growing by millions more as we speak. In fact, I was absolutely stunned to learn AOC plans to “abolish ICE” altogether, indicating a totally unregulated and open border!

Additionally, AOC promises to give the flood of foreign nationals’ free housing by making housing a “Human Right”, and give the millions upon millions of foreign nationals’ free healthcare under her “Medicare for All” plan.

So, I can understand why AOC will avoid debating Tina Flore who actually has a plan for putting New York Citizens first, and regulating immigration into the United States in a manner which promotes the general welfare of the United States and her citizens.

JWK

Why is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez comfortable with filling New York City’s scarce public housing with illegal aliens when America’s needy Citizens, including U.S. Military Veterans, are going homeless?

I reject your framing: to wit, supporting this debate is somehow a measure of my patriotism

2 Likes

I’m still wondering if Fox News will give Tina Forte the same amount of airtime as they gave to the Establishment’s Republican candidate, Desi Cuellar, who Tina beat in the Republican primary.

See: AOC slammed by GOP challenger for selling ‘Abolish ICE’ merchandise: ‘More irresponsible rhetoric’ | Fox News

“Republican Desi Cuellar, an Army National Guardsman who’s running for Congress in Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s district, defended ICE and Border Patrol agents Monday on “Fox & Friends” after AOC started selling “Abolish ICE” merchandise.”

I thought Fox News channel was “fair and balanced”. If so, why not have Tina Forte on “Fox & Friends” as they did have the Republican Establishment candidate on?

JWK

Why is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez comfortable with filling New York City’s scarce public housing with illegal aliens when America’s needy Citizens, including U.S. Military Veterans, are going homeless?

1 Like

I am unencumbered with concern for this piddly issue.

AOC couldn’t out debate a snail so of course she will not debate.

Do Gym Jordan or Matt Gaetz debate anyone?

When is this debate scheduled? Rebekah Jones Will Face Matt Gaetz in Florida in November - The New York Times

Is there a date for this one yet? Ohio Fourth Congressional District Primary Election Results 2022 - The New York Times