Will almighty Jesus/Yahweh say that he saved us all, or just some?

Will almighty Jesus/Yahweh say that he saved us all, or just some?

As a Gnostic Christian and Universalist when speaking of the supernatural Jesus/Yahweh, I see Jesus as able to save us all. This is not to say that we believe in the supernatural. We do not.

Most Christians though seem to think that many are called but few take the narrow path to heaven while the vast majority, as scriptures say, will take the wide road to hell. I disagree with the bible on this and offer the quotes as to why I do so.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

If Jesus/Yahweh is all powerful, that would include an all-powerful power of persuasion.

If Jesus would report to Yahweh that he could only save some and not all as scriptures suggest he desires to do, then that would negate being all-powerful and God not being able to do his will, which of course should be ridiculous to theists as God always end in fulfilling his will. So they say.

What do you think Jesus will report? Success in saving us all, as God desires, or failure to do so which would have God unable to do his will?

Regards
DL

As you repeatedly say, you don’t believe, so what good is supporting a view different than yours using a book you deny to begin with?

You and others continue to ignore the self evident existence of free will. You also ignore the fact that when a ruling entity, be it an individual or a group, FORCES you to obey against your will, that is the definition of tyranny. Which do you prefer, force or choice? I prefer choice…

1 Like

God gives us the option. We have to open the door for him to come into our lives.
The rest of the “stuff” that people and religions pile on, can not change that basic option. That just makes it harder, and more confusing for most.

Yup. If you BELIEVE in your heart, and confess with your mouth, and call upon the name of the Lord, you shall be saved. Cherry picking verses you don’t understand to begin with is not a good way to support a viewpoint.

I think that since Jesus said it himself that all will not be saved, I will go with all will not be saved.

To whom?

He DOES have that power! But he made it clear that’s not how it’s gonna work.

1 Like

Yet cherry picked bible verses is what your lying preacher feeds you.

Tell me what I am misunderstanding the way a decent apologist would do.

Regards
DL

That universalist view is the Gnostic Christian view and the inquisitions were used to end that view. Walk softly my friend.

Can I take it that there is no hell in your ideology?

Regards
DL

When God revealed himself to Paul on the road to Damascus, was that forcing Paul to believe?

Why can’t God give that sort of incontrovertible proof to everyone?

So that verse that says all are saved is a lie. Right?

At the end of days, God does not get to do his will and is left hanging and looking like a failure. Right?

Regards
DL

Well thought out.

Scriptures say that God controls who will believe or not by whom he decides to give grace to.

I have no choice to believe unless God acts upon me.

If he does not, that means he decided I was to end in hell before I could even sin. He hated me in the womb.

Regards
DL

Wrong. All ARE saved. Not all accept it. You are looking for persuasion. But then that precludes faith and individual choice to believe.

I wish I could understand the bitterness that emanates from this statement.

To answer your question: Wrong.

1 Like

Absolutely not. Paul could have chosen not to believe.

Be careful what you ask for!

For the record, for the rest of his life Paul suffered much for choosing to believe.

And it’s “incontrovertible proof” only because you know how that story ended. How many others were given the same incontrovertible proof and rejected it?

1 Like

Paul received persuasion in the form of Jesus appearing before him and talking to him. That precludes faith. If God was willing to do that to convert Paul he can do it for everyone.

2 Likes

Maybe for you.

So if it still requires faith than there is nothing stopping God from showing himself unequivocally to everyone and then everyone can decide to believe or not just like Paul.

No, there is a hell in my ideology.

You’re right. There’s nothing stopping Him.

JN 20:29. Be blessed.

I would fall into the former group in that verse.

Perhaps calculate how many miles Thomas and Paul traveled after being shown. How much are you willing to give up, how far are you willing to travel, should God show Himself to you?