Wild, Wild West in Texas

Agree.

Carpetbagger deluxe.

Allan

And this oaf is not?

2 Likes

Disagreement with a public official.

Everyone would be gone if that were the case.

Allan

That’s one incident and you didn’t answer the question. Do you consider Jackson hyphen Lee to be a carpetbagger?

Born in New York. She moved to Houston as a trailing spouse in the 80s She was a judge and city council person before running for representative in 1994, she obviously was considered a carpetbagger in the mid and late 80s and lost local judicial elections. She however proved her worth to the locals. West hasn’t even run in a general election in Texas. Now he want to be governor. Lol

No hoper.

Allan

Hildawg.

1 Like

Yep a carpetbagger extraordinaire.

Lucky for her, she had name recognition and a liberal state.

Allan

Carpetbagger

1 Like

Oh that’s just good entertainment. Go Allen go.

Upon reading the news a famous austin resident was quoted as saying “alright alright alright”.

Not at all. Politicians routinely seek support from as many people and groups as they can to win elections don’t become part of any particular movement

Directly courting a specific group is tacit approval of their goals at best.

That’s a far cry from “being part of their movement.”

2 Likes

I disagree.

1 Like

Politicians are regularly pressured into returning campaign donations for just that reason.

I disagree with the “tacit approval”.

It’s mighty close to it. Legitimizing a cause by courting their vote helps them, it is to enable them.

I liked Rick Perry more than Abbot, Abbot let guys like Clay Jenkins have far too much power during the pandemic. I’m more a Dan Patrick fan.