Why you should not evecuate for a hurricane

Yeah they do know exactly what to do. Hunker down. Well maybe they should teach everybody how to hunker down so nobody has to leave?

is this your long way of saying you don’t believe the warning?

1 Like

Are they hunkering down in structures that will be overwhelmed by storm surge, have their roof blown off, or have trees destroy their roof and walls?

This general advice is pretty idiotic.

1 Like

It’s better to leave, I have a brother that lives in Florida who road out a category 3. While he came out just fine minus a 1/4 of a roof he said he would never do it again. This is a category 4.

Because the resources to hunker down arent scalable. In case you havent noticed, massive flooding happens in hurrucanes

No, he thinks he is “funny” pointing out how some people remain during a hurricane in structures that are intended to do so, followed by the 5 year old level of logic “why can millions of people so the same”.

This is some quality discussion.

BTW, upload an avatar, that pink A is an albatross.

Yeah and usually there is some nit wit reporter standing in four feet of water wearing waders. Cuz you know, unless he’s fiddle farting around in the water we won’t believe there is a flood. :dizzy_face:

This is your brain on Trump.

4 Likes

What the hell are you on about lol

And this is your comment when you have an incredibly unhealthy obsession with Trump.

Just having a little fun lol.

Ok then fun away.

Hurricanes are fake news, of course.

Kinda weird. 3rd largest to hit landfall not a lot of talk here

If you are in a storm surge zone, evacuate.

If you are in a low lying flood plain, evacuate.

If you are in a mobile home, evacuate.

If you are in an older permanent structure that has not been upgraded, evacuate.

On the other hand.

If you are clear of the storm surge zone, are on higher ground and are in a new structure that is up to code or an older structure that has been retrofitted to be up to code, then it is fine to stay if that is your choice.

I have your permission then? Can I use sarcasm too?

IMO the build-up to the last one got tons of “media is hyping it too much” responses from many on the always present “climate change is fake news angle”, now watch, the opposite will occur.

If you are a reporter, move into the areas that have been evacuated. Because the orders don’t apply to you and ratings matter. As I said. Hang with the reporters and it’s all good.

Good advice. Done.

No you don’t mr. Drama