Why would asking for an investigation of a political opponent, who has been accused in news reports of potentially corrupt actions, be an abuse of power?

If Trump really wanted an investigation, he should have gone through the FBI like presidents normally do. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. He had already slammed the FBI on previous occasions (and his followers think they’re some kind of conspiracy) so he turned to a foreign government. Which is abuse of power and illegal. Or does THAT need to be spelled out more clearly?

3 Likes

Because if you’re actually serious about it, you refer it to Justice for prosecution under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

5 Likes

So which version of the story:

Version 1: Trump was concerned about corruption per se and not the Bidens

Version 2: Trump was right to go after the Bidens

are we supposed to believe in today?

It’s hard to keep up with the Trump excuses get are so numerous and so often contradictory.

3 Likes

Let Fox and Friends Explain

1 Like

That’s your spin. (Just like you think “conspiracy” is someone else’s spin.)

Shrug.

Ok. That may look suspicious. A basis for impeaching a President: No. But possibly something to bring up in an election debate.

Not when the President calls for it to be done specifically against his leading political rival by name.

Trump was President for 2 and half years before the July call. Where were the calls for an investigation of Hunter Biden and his position on the Burisma Board of Directors prior to that?

A blind man can see that it was about dirt-for-arms in using the Office of the President for personal political gain. Just so happens “corruption” was ignored for 2.5 years and then suddenly it’s important when it’s about getting dirt on your opponent by withholding badly needed military aid when the father is leading in the polls. Hell the perfect phone call didn’t even say “corruption” it said the “Biden’s”.
.WW, PHS

It’s summer 2021. Warren has won the presidency. A hurricane hits Texas. I guess the right would have no problem with president warren directing fema to withhold aid to Texas until the Texas ag start investigating senator cruz or some other political rival

5 Likes

Who were Nunes’s associates helping investigate Biden?

He bragged about no such thing. He talked about getting a corrupt prosecutor that the US, the EU and NGOs all wanted gone because he was notoriously corrupt. He did not mention any investigation in that video you mention.

3 Likes

Trump corruption is cool.

It seems some Trump supporting cons genuinely presume Donald’s motives in pressuring Ukraine were purely about uprooting corruption against the nation he loves SO much. :wink:

I was gonna say, Deja Vu all over again.

I like yours better.

My notice to you that I plan to steal it.

:grinning:

1 Like

It’s a classic disinfo tactic: can’t defend own actions, so point finger somewhere else.

3 Likes

Hey guys what’s so bad about withholding 100s millions in critical aid so that I can pressure a foreign country to circumvent US judicial systems to investigate my political opponent

1 Like

We are getting close to “ok he did it but it wasn’t unethical!”

5 Likes

How can it be a coup if it will require almost 20 Republican Senators to find him guilty?

How is it a coup when Pence a Republican will become President?

How is it a coup if Pence becomes President Pence will nominate a Republican as his VP?

Because so many in DC have used their power to enrich their children and thus themselves,and so it them scares to death.

They are the real 1% and look, most dems do nothing but defend them…as the TV tells them…

Ivanka and Jared say hi!

1 Like

Did they get jobs in Ukraine from BIden bribery or something?