Why Would Anyone Want to Live In a Democrat Town?

Those “broader polices”, such as tax incentives that rewarded companies whether they were investing in true economy-growing activities or not, relaxation of capital flows into and out of the country, were first instituted in the 1980s as part of supply side economics, and have been the basis of economic policies of both Republican and Democratic leaders ever since then.

Instead of US Steel having to remain competitive against the many foreign steel firms that cropped up in the late 1970s and early 1980s, these policies and incentives allowed them to make money via leveraged buyouts, sell offs and other financial machinations.

I absolutely get to compare the two.

In both cases there was violence directed against people that had nothing to do with the cause of the grievances.

You don’t want me to compare the two because you believe in one cause and not the other.

2 Likes

I grew up in the ghetto during the crack epidemic in 80s and 90s. ■■■■ was a war zone.

This is 2020. My city only had 37 homicides last year.

Umm no, had I been alive back then I would say the same thing I do now, hurting innocents because you have a grievance with government is wrong and immoral. But yes, one cause was worthy and the other is made up nonsense to get minorities to the polls. Because the fact is, cops are more likely to shoot a white guy than a black one.

2 Likes

You pretty much just admitted to what I said about you…you believe in one cause and deplore the other.

And that is coloring your perceptions. It’s why you didn’t want the comparison done in the first place.

Easy to say now what you “would have done”, but fact of the matter is we look at the early revolutionaries as heroes today, and excuse the evils they may have done along the way because we believe their cause was just.

You try to separate the evils done from the cause so as not to invalidate the cause.

You don’t do the same here because you don’t believe in the cause.

Instead here you believe the violence invalidates the cause.

5 Likes

Did you not read my post or what? I think I pretty clearly condemned any violence carried out against innocents by our founders. And then you post this and act like I did just the opposite. It doesn’t matter if I believe in a cause or not, it is always immoral to commit violence on innocents, full stop.

And BLM isn’t an invalid cause because some people are getting violent, its invalid because it began as a lie and is still a lie.

2 Likes

I addressed that…easy for you to say…it is belied by your immediate emotional response to when I made this post in the first place.

As for the BLM cause being a lie…the truth is somewhat more complicated than the simplistic notions the CEC places out there on the subject of policing and race.

But that’s what today’s political discourse is all about…distilling complex issues into sound bytes.

1 Like

Well, obviously you know more about what I think then I do. So you should probably just discuss this with yourself.

1 Like

It’s human nature to excuse/overlook evils done for a cause one supports while saying words to the contrary.

1 Like

“9% Safer than other US cities.”

Trump has had a good effect on your city.

For immoral people maybe.

1 Like

For all people in general. It is the rare individual that does not do this.

Most individuals create elaborate intellectual and moral fortifications to pretend they are not overlooking the evils that support their causes.

Well, you let me know if you ever see me doing it ok?

Lol Republicans and their comic books.

Parks, libraries, world class medical care, entertainment, shopping, great restaurants, cafes, breweries, access to surrounding community agriculture growers, maintained streets, snow plows immediately after every snow, holiday lights along the streets, community social events, excellent senior center, opportunities for volunteering, friendly neighbors, excellent paying jobs jobs jobs.

6 Likes

Lol we have less Republicans here than New York or California. There is for all intents and purposes no functional GOP here.

How about the rest of your state?

1 Like

Liberal cities aren’t anywhere near as bad as they used to be crime wise. Thanks to politicians like Biden making it possible to put so many criminals in jail and keep them there. Though he seems to have evolved on that position.

Nah, it was the end of the crack epidemic and the passing of the “youth bulge” that saw crime rates from the early 70’s into the mid 90s shoot into the stratosphere all over the country.

Republicans are usually pretty good Governors and mayors. I recently voted for my Republican mayor for another term. But I am voting Biden/Harris during this Presidential election.

There’s not really much difference between Democrats and Republicans. Everyone is disturbingly moderate for the most part. Democrats are pro gun. Republicans are pro union. The one anti-union Republican governor we’ve had, he was foolish enough to publicly voice these thoughts and instantly lost thirty points of approval, and he was pretty moderate by every other metric.