Why would any country ever sign a deal with the US anymore

You seem to be absolutely correct here. With the added bonus of deflecting from the dumpster fire that Giuliani decided to pour a few gallons of gasoline on the past week.

John Kerry seems unaware we only have one Secretary of State at a time, and he’s not it.

1 Like

Kerry can definitely take a long walk off a short bridge here. I personally believe the Logan Act should be done away with, but if there were a case for it, it is here.

Agreed. It’s as simple as that.

If Trump does anything but take the harshest actions against Russia, it is seen as evidence he is under Putins influence.
Sure, the left can just happen to always side with Iran on treaties or Kim on the reasons for NK ans SKs actions (and ignore SKs statements), but if they can interpret Trumps actions as kissing up to Putin I am allowed to interpret these positions as I see them.
Who said that Iran was the injured party? This thread. The whole point is that Iran trusted us and we betrayed that trust. And yet Kerry said thsi was not a legally binding agreement or treaty. They had no right to trust anything.,

since when have we made treatys to get rid of sanctions we imposed?

the rest of the world should tell the US to ■■■■ off

I read the point of the thread as asking how any other nation, be they ally or enemy, could ever again enter into negotiations with the US under the presumption of good faith, considering the actions of this current administration. And it is a fair and logical argument. Not that Iran is some injured party. You’re narrowing the scope to try and deflect and defend.

Getting away from that line of discussion, what exactly is the benefit here for the United States? What did we gain with this action? What is the path forward for us now in regards to Iran and preventing them from becoming a nuclear armed state?

The agreement allowed parties to withdraw, IF the other party wasn’t holding up its obligations.

Trump didn’t declare Iran not holding up its obligations, he just said the agreement sucked, so there.

Israel’s presentation, by the way, wasn’t that Iran HAS a nuclear program. As Trump did say, it purported to show that Iran had previously, before this agreement, lied about its nuclear program. Well, that’s hardly new information, everyone believed that to be true. That was one of the prime motivations for carrot-and-sticking Iran back into compliance with the non-proliferation treaty in the first place.

More like thanks to the previous maniac that was in office. If it had been done correctly though Congress and within the bounds of the Constitution under Obama then Trump nor any other President could have withdrawn without Congressional approval.

You reap what you sow and when Obama subverted the Constitution & did this on his own he left it open for the next Administration to undo it. And other countries that were naïve and/or greedy enough to buy into this agreement need to take a second look and decide on their own of what’s best for their country.

Unfortunately the United States has a history of breaking treaties that were actually done lawfully through Congress & not like this idiotic & secretive Iran deal. The Native American treaty and the treaty with South Vietnam comes to mind off the top of my head.

So CNN is a great source if it agrees with you?

Where from here?

Here’s what our current National Security Advisor said a couple of years ago. How seriously or literally do we take him?

To Stop Iran’s Bomb, Bomb Iran

The inescapable conclusion is that Iran will not negotiate away its nuclear program. Nor will sanctions block its building a broad and deep weapons infrastructure. The inconvenient truth is that only military action like Israel’s 1981 attack on Saddam Hussein’s Osirak reactor in Iraq or its 2007 destruction of a Syrian reactor, designed and built by North Korea, can accomplish what is required. Time is terribly short, but a strike can still succeed.

1 Like

Which is what really terrifies me, if this truly is the strategy moving forward. I simply cannot envision how this decision makes us any safer at all, and in fact puts us in more peril now. With a significant step towards war. :man_facepalming:

■■■ are you talking about? Congress approved it and even forced Obama to make changes.

The president of SK saying it was Trump doesn’t make it so. It’s obvious that that the guy has learned the obvious: with Trump the Narcissist, flattery will get you everywhere.

Where is the provision in the agreement that any party can withdraw for no given reason, other than regret at having entered it in the first place? (That’s the only reason given today by Trump.)

1 Like

yeah i read up on this. You dont know what you are talking about. How unusual

Because the American system has the opportunity to change course every 4 years (And sometimes sooner) thats why a country would stiil want to work with us.

i wouldnt blame the rest of the world if it made a concerted effort to move away from the dollar into another currency as a reserve currency to get away from the US reneging on agreements.

At this point why should NK even bother? You can’t believe anything this dumbass of a president says.

What’s more dangerous at this point, NK or Iran with nuclear weapons?