Why won't Mr. McConnell allow my senator to vote end the shut down?

You’d have to ask Democrats about that. I think Harry Reid is a sleazeball. Are you saying that McConnell is just as bad as Reid? He’s acting like Reid acted, and I don’t like one person having so much power.

Don’t you agree?

Which tells us what about the GOP’s perception of the voters?

The GOP is afraid to stand before their constituents and say “this is how I voted, re-elect me so I can do more of the same”.

1 Like

Why should your vote matter?

Some here believe Senators represent States, not people.

I think it’s time we had some checks and balances on the power of the majority leader.

Sounds an awful lot like tyranny when one man can hold a country hostage like that.

1 Like

Well remember, when President Obama proposed a bi-partisan response to Russian meddling in the 2016 election in the summer of 2016, McConnell refused to participate and said that any move by Obama to oppose the meddling would be met by the accusation the Obama was trying to rig the election. As a result, Obama took no action and Russian meddling in the election continued unimpeded.

There is no question about whose side Mitch McConnell is on.

At least smart people know that it is McConnell holding the country hostage…at the orders of tiny donnie.

There are checks and balances. McConnel remains Majority Leader only because of the consent of the Senators in his party.

If they actually gave a ■■■■■ they could do something.

They do not give a ■■■■■ They prefer that McConnell fly cover for them.

So, it is one man in a sense. But he has 52 enablers.

You really can’t answer the question of why The Senate president has more power than the Speaker of the house?

Hint: Start looking through the constitution.

The Senate President is Pence. Nancy has way more power than he does.

1 Like

Don’t forget. Cocaine Mitch’s wife is part of Trump’s cabinet.

I knew it didn’t seem right to make the Senate Majority Leader’s wife a part of the administration.

It’s clear where Mitch’s allegiance lies. Keeping the wife’s job secure.

I don’t believe that was my question, sir.

I asked why my senators ain’t allowed to represent me with a vote on the shut down.

You know we’re talking about McConnell, not Pence, right?

Sorry senate majority leader. Constitution says why he has more power over his chamber than pelosi has over the house.

The constitution gives you the answer, seem’s you don’t know. Read the constitution and see if you can find the reason.

My mistake. I’ve corrected it in another post

Can Trump get his wall funding without Nancy’s approval?

Depends on what you mean without nancy’s approval.

Do you believe a majority in the House of Reps are going to vote to fund Donald’s wall?

If your senator is a democrat, it’s because they didn’t win a majority of seats in the senate and appoint a democrat leader. If your senator is republican, then he did vote to represent you by appointing McConnell.

I’m asking for a direct answer here, please.