Why won't Mr. McConnell allow my senator to vote end the shut down?

Can someone explain what is going on? I vote in every election, and I think my senators do a good job representing me and my state. Why don’t Mitch allow my senator to represent me with a vote on opening the government back up?

I voted at the ballot box, and that’s where I can make a difference. But now my voice isn’t being heard because Mr. McConnell won’t allow my senators to represent me.

That just doesn’t seem right.

Same as with the Garland situation and leaving a SCOTUS seat vacant for over a year.

He doesn’t want GOP Senators on a recorded vote that would be used against them in upcoming elections.
.>>>>

2 Likes

How is my vote supposed to matter if one man has so much power he can prevent my representatives from voting on my behalf? Doesn’t sound like the constitutional republic we are supposed to be.

3 Likes

¯._(ツ)_/.¯
.>>>>

This is a good question.

Mitch won’t allow any bill to come to the floor that Donald won’t sign. It’s as simple as that. He has said this publicly several times since the shut down began.

That don’t seem right. I don’t seem OK that the main who ain’t even our president has so much power. I don’t like that one bit.

McConnell needs to be removed as Senate Majority Leader.

3 Likes

Ya that’s going to happen, this is how a split government works the left won the house republicans hold the senate welcome to split government.

Because you don’t matter. Mitch Matters…and that’s all you need to know.

No this isn’t how split government works.

The bill Mitch won’t let to the floor would pass with a veto-proof majority- that means many members of Mitch’s own party want to end the shutdown.

He won’t let them.

1 Like

It’s always been this way, Republicans for years and years complained how Harry Reid would not bring Republican billls to the floor for a vote. I don’t remember democrats complaining about that.

Having a functioning government is not a Republican ideal?

I did
10partisanssuck

Not many in the senate felt the way you did that went on for 8 years.

And that’s one of several reasons why I voted to get my representation changed at the time. What I didn’t do was point my finger at the other side

I agree…my senators are not being given the chance to even vote for or against the bill passed by the House.

So…McConnell is voluntarily giving up one of the checks and balances written in the Constitution…maybe he would be happier as a part of the Executive branch.

1 Like

He is a full fledged member of Trump Inc.

By my congressional representatives got a vote in the House. They were able to let my voice be heard. My senators are not able to represent me because McConnell won’t allow them to vote.