Why Was “Frontline Doctors” Video Pulled From Socials?

i personally am skeptical of the hydroxy… etc but it’s obvious theres a frantic media push against it.

Really? I see the opposite.

There is a push for it from certain parts of the internet and media while the rest of the world has moved on.

4 Likes

Hmmm. It makes sense to me. I am sorry it’s a mystery to you.

1 Like

first if all, everything is political. its naive to think otherwise.

hcq has been shown to work. by many. are they wrong? maybe. but no one wants them to be heard

second, if policing the social platform has an obvious political bias (which they do) then that puts them into new categories

There are no good studies that show that it works on a way that outweighs the risks.

When it was first looked into, there was some promise.

It didn’t pan out.

If anything it was only going to be a treatment… not a cure.

1 Like

if you were really “sorry” you might try describing what makes so much sense to you

thanks for not trying tho.

that doesnt mean it’s dangerous.

it has not been proven that it is bad to even try it, let alone ineffective

not as much as drinking bleach though.

well thats just not true

the drs in washington werent from the internet that day. they were real

Quite the opposite.

The videos was pushing a medical theory that is unproven by medical standards and scientific standards. The social media companies clearly feel a liability risk at allowing this unproven content to be displayed on the privately owned sites. It is their call as they are privately owned. That should end this debate. That would have ended the debate before Trump.

3 Likes

What has been shown is that the risks of it do not outweigh the benefit.

There has been some evidence of maybe effective use in early stages before symptoms, but that is also hard to determine real effectiveness because it could be like chicken soup for the flu.

It looks like that once symptoms are showing and Covid 19 tends to cause blood clots, a treatment that can cause a heart arrhythmia has risks that outweigh the benefits.

1 Like

Define “real”

I would think the question in the OP would be better directed at the social media sites who pulled the video. They would be in a far better position to answer the question of why they pulled the video than a bunch of anonymous people on a political forum.

It is not illegal to be hypocritical.

Are you suggesting websites must adhere to certain government imposed standards of conduct?

2 Likes

Yes it has. It has a list of life threatening side effects.

Here is the dilemma. If the survival rate of a disease is 99%, how many people do you need to treat with HCQ before you have a statistically significant result? How many do you think an individual doctor claiming the efficacy of HCQ has seen?

If you want 95% confidence that your HCQ treatment is valid (normal survival is 99% so you need a confidence interval of one) that results in a sample size of 9604. Do you think the doctor has seen 9604 Covid positive patients? Assuming he has been seeing only Covid positive patients five days per week, 10 hours per day since March…that leads to about 9 patients per hour. Doesn’t seem realistic.

3 Likes

Do you consider Doctors on the frontlines fighting covid-19 and saving lives to be experts?

wonder if this is on twitter…

“A surprising new study found the controversial antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine helped patients better survive in the hospital. But the findings, like the federal government’s use of the drug itself, were disputed.“

“It’s a surprising finding because several other studies have found no benefit from hydroxychloroquine, a drug originally developed to treat and prevent malaria. President Donald Trump touted the drug heavily, but later studies found not only did patients not do better if they got the drug, they were more likely to suffer cardiac side effects.“