Why Trump should not meet with Mueller

Is this a joke?

You are the ultimate wuss. Full of internet bravado. How easy it is to call me a child from the safety of your mamas basement while hiding behind a screen name. I was not a solder. I was a Marine. If Marines cannot insult someone to their face. We don’t do it. Man up.

You tell me. What crime is being investigated and what is the evidence that it happened? Wutcha got?

Well considering a trial is about to start as a result of the Mueller investigation, I’d say it’s idiotic at best to call the investigation a farce or meaningless.

But then again we’re dealing with Trumpsters.

The real reason Trump shouldn’t meet with Mueller (in a much shorter format): he can’t incriminate himself if he doesn’t meet with him. If I was Trump’s lawyer, I’d advise him to stay away

1 Like

Actually, it hasn’t been two years yet and there have been several indictiments and guilty pleas as they move on. Perhaps, if you were being honest with yourself, you would admit that it’s got you worried. VERY worried…so, of course you want it to stop.

§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel’s investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel’s jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.

(c)Civil and administrative jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel determines that administrative remedies, civil sanctions or other governmental action outside the criminal justice system might be appropriate, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General with respect to the appropriate component to take any necessary action. A Special Counsel shall not have civil or administrative authority unless specifically granted such jurisdiction by the Attorney General.

Nothing trump–zees hate more than trump’s own words being used against him. It’s SO unfair!

Investigation started on 5/17/17. Not even a year and a half ago.

There are signs of that, but remember: they’re not always discrete phases. People can still cycle from acceptance to anger or bargaining, or move between denial and acceptance, etc.

2 Likes

Watching trumpflakes get butthurt over their conman messiah being investigated is the funnest thing about this board…

Stop investigating my wittle trumpy wumpy!

6 Likes

Russian interference into 2016 election. There are mountains of evidence that it happened. We need to investigate it. Maybe Trump had nothing to do with it, in which case we will all be satisfied on completion of the investigation.

Maybe all of the weird secret meetings with Russians and Russian connections and indictments and plea deals and Trump happily throwing almost anyone under the bus (except Putin) have absolutely nothing to do with this.

well, do you want our investigation done correctly or do you want our investigation done where they inform you periodically regarding the status (thus potentially tipping off any law breakers about what they should suddenly hide)?

and, do you want investigations into gang bangers and drug lords done the same way? or is this just a special thing for politicians?

I read it. I still see zero evidence of any crime committed by any Trump official. And it fails to identify the crime being investigated. It uses the work “links to Russia” Using this standard, you could claim anybody in the world has links to Russia and order an investigation. Give me something to justify this. Anything.

So again. What is the specific crime Trump is accused of? Name the statute.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. Bravo…good trump–zee.

Pull your panties out of your ads crack and Google Chad Ocho Cinco, Mr Internet tough guy.

Did you know that this was going on before the election? Just because it was not being investigated by a special counsel does not mean it wasn’t being investigated. They used the evidence gathered to justify a special counsel. Unfortunately they are withholding all justification for the investigation and what crime they are investigating. They will not share a single shred of evidence. What are they hiding?

That is why Trump should not meet with Mueller. Mueller has given up on Russia and is fishing. The President is not obligated to help him fish.

You’re just being silly now.

Oh, wait. You think trump’s been indicted?