Why the polls are wrong when Americans vote

You just said they were wrong. Now you are saying they are accurate towards the end.

Make up your mind.

But polls don’t measure electoral votes… that’s is part of why they seemed to be inaccurate in 2016.

1 Like

The two are not mutually exclusive.

At this point in 2016 Hillary was leading Trump by Double Digits.

How did that end up on election day?

I think national polls are pointless who cares if Sanders is beating Trump in California or Trump winning in Tennessee. I usually just try and find what the polls are in 8-10 states. In the state of Washington were I live they literally could just call the race right now. Even if Stalin came back as a zombie and ran as a democrat this state isn’t voting republican same can be said about red states.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything about polls.

I take issue with the idea that when “Americans” vote we get Trump.

Trump won an electoral victory, which is the one that counts.

But the millions more who voted against him are just as “American” as those who vote for him.

To place this in a argument between those who “love America” versus those who “hate America” or other such nonsense that is in the OP is just that.

Nonsense

Yes you have. Cause if you did you wouldn’t support him.

With Hillary winning the popular vote

And we don’t elect presidents by popular vote. We elected Trump.

By double digits? No.

False premise. I judge a man by his total life, I judge presidents by their actions in office.

What he was as a man prior to taking office is irrelevant to how he has performed in office.

Do you judge a murderer by the sum total of their life or by the actions that put them on death row?

What? Of course polls didn’t say she would win the popular vote by double digits. They just said she would win

The early polls had her winning by double digits.

Even October polling had her winning by double digits.

The polls are frequently wrong because they have small sample sizes compared to the population and generally aren’t very well distributed.

More importantly people don’t necessarily respond honestly and people change their minds.

Not everyone who is polled will actually vote eithe

Which one is it?

The reality is most polls you see in the news are national polls so while there are more dems than Republicans it’s a false idea sanders or anyone is winning over trump.

It’s both.

Cant be

Of course it can be. The gap narrows as you have fewer undecideds and people shifting but even a few weeks out last time around polls had Hillary winning by double digits.

Nope. Try again

I suspect half the American voting public will vote for Bernie.

Not likely, he’s too toxic and even sensible democrats recognize it.

So was Trump and half the voting public voted for him.