Why should someone start believing in God?

Even your way of thinking is covered in The Book… Of course you can’t know that unless you actually go look it up

Have you ever read the Bible cover to cover?

Have you ever read the Koran cover to cover? Lol

How about all the buddhist sutras?

Those themes were around long before the bible. Forrest Gump covers a lot of themes too

I’ve taken several courses in comparative religion because the need for so many people to believe in dieties fascinates me. I’ve read most every religious text and the one that always stood out as the best written to me was the Bhagavad Gita.

1 Like

Never heard of it I look now

Best quote of the thread. I thank you Mx. weather.

Your question did at least expose one thing. To a person, not one commenter has done their homework…and thus speak from total ignorance. I’m actually a little surprised about that. I’d expect the bulk to be ignorant on the subject…but every one?

The story of Soddom and Gomorrah pretty well covers this situation.

It’s like a neophyte needing to work on a computer who says, “I don’t need no stinking manual! Never read no computer book and ain’t gonna start now. I know everthin’ I need to know already. Come, let me give you my opinion on computer repair. Harken to me, etc.”

PS… Even though I have read the Bible umpteen times now I never fail to learn new things with each read. I know for a fact that I know a lot more about the subject than every other one on here (Ceptin’ mebbe you)…and that still adds up to only a sketchy understanding. Figgering that book out is NOT easy! But it is a challenge. A good challenge.

The Hindu holy scripture.

1 Like

Yes, it is.

1 Like

You talk a big game. Please tell me what parts of the bible lay out the evidence for the existence of God and why atheists are so dumb dumb. Care to answer also whether or not you’ve read the Koran back to back and studied it? Otherwise your posts are nothing but chest beating assertions.

So is physics and biology. Have you ever read a biology book back to back? How about a book on field theory?

Well, now that you ax they used to call me THE PROFESSOR in grade school. I was always reading books about neutrinos…and biology books cover to cover. And before I hit the 7th grade I had read the chemistry book that I was to use in the 11th grade cover to cover and done all the experiments that I could get chemicals for.

But the ONE book that I didn’t read until late in life was the Bible. And boy was I shocked. It’s actually a very good book! That’s why I keep dipping back into it.

Oh ok. Have you ever read the Koran back to back? Also please give me ONE example of something in the Bible that should embarrass an atheist for not believing.

Forrest Gump is a very good movie. I like to rewatch it too. But I don’t think Lieutenant Dan actually existed

And yeah I can talk Forest Gump with you too. Look Mx. Wrong. You’re not going to convince me you’re right about something you never took the time to understand. Ok. Nuff said.

Have you read the Koran back to back? You really cant give me ONE example of something in the Bible that atheists should know about that would significantly bring new evidence for belief? After coming into this thread asserting your authority of study?

Just one…

Yeah, it shows!

Not sure that it is. Is it part of the Rig Vedas?

It is a fascinating account of Prince Arjuna being convinced by Khrishna of the need to war with another tribe—something that clearly bothers his conscience.