Why noboby should trust government

I don’t agree with the bold. So the premise is faulty thereby making the following questions unanswerable.

I gave you my opinion.

I know right? Same here. It’s a simple question. Why won’t anybody address it? Has government proved that they have the integrity to be given more authority over us? Has your average government bureaucrat or politician proven to be more honest than your average hedge fund manager?

Sorry, I didn’t see any attempt on your part to answer the question so I am left to assume that you also believe that government is loaded with scoundrels and have not proved worthy of more authority over us. My apologies if you believe that government is inhabited by saints who should be given more control not less.

You’re free to assume anything you want.

When was the last time any democrat held any democrat to account for their corruption? When was the last time any republican held any republican to account for their corruption? I could be wrong, but it seems that people give their own party a pass for their own lies. I can give you examples for my party, if you give me one for yours. Fair enough?

Not “corruption”, but Franken is an easy one.

1 Like

And you are free to trust scoundrels if you want.

It is an easy one. And having pictures of the offense made it impossible to ignore. They really had no choice. But they did do the right thing in this case. So in my opinion, your example still counts.

I’m an Independent without party affiliation. But as far as Democrats, Al Franken is the first to come to mind.

I don’t ignore the corruption, but dems get things done that I approve of so that makes them better than repubs.

Rod Blagojevich as well. Impeached and imprisoned.

He’s probably the only one who comes to mind. But given the “me too” movement and the horrid pictures, they really had only one option. So here’s one my examples of why government cannot be trusted. They have a 17 million dollar congressional fund used to pay off sexual harassment victims. They don’t even have to use their own money to pay for their own sins. They steal it from you. Any attempt to reveal who authorized or has used this fund is quickly shot down. They would not accept this behavior from the private sector. But it’s fine for them. Scoundrels.

Good one. And so was James Traficant. They were both basically mobsters. Sometimes the evidence is overwhelming and cannot be ignored. And it has to be huge. They were both many years ago. And times are different now. I have seen far more untrustworthy acts in government than honest behavior. My standards are very high. I just have not seen enough to say that government has earned the right to have more control over us.

“Scoundrels”…

LOL :joy:

I know. Kinda old school. But it fits. Doncha think?

No, I think that people are mostly good. Labeling all of government “scoundrels” gets us nowhere.

This is another example.

I also see you never replied to my original query…

This is not a Trump thread or a competition to see who’s scoundrels lie the most. Have the people who claim that Trump lies the most held any of their own liars accountable? Nope. So in other words, we have liars accusing Trump of lying. And there you have it. You just made my point.

I will vote for republicans unless I see a better option. Not because I trust them, but because they will probably expand government authority at a slower rate. They probably won’t tinker with the second amendment, the first amendment or raise taxes. But do I trust the Paul Ryan types with more authority over me. Awe hell no!

Then you are a part of the very problem which you decry. Continuing to vote for them is rewarding this behavior you claim to not like. Which makes me skeptical of your claim of not liking it to begin with.