Why is the NFL tanking

I know, and the Bears had to go ruin things and bring the Rams back to reality.

I don’t think you have to be a purist to not like 100+ points combined in a football game. People that cringe just don’t like to watch live action trash on the field. Good defenses are harder to come by in the salcap era so it’s no surprise we’ll see more and more seemingly great offenses emerge. But don’t let them fool you. As seen in 2013, 2007, 2001, and a few others dating back to 1983.

I’d much rather watch the Rams / Chiefs type of game every week than a bore fest like the Seahawks / Vikings game Monday night. Don’t let the 21-7 final score fool you. It was a defensive slugfest and only 6-0 halfway through the 4th quarter.

Maybe its because like many I’m also a fantasy junkie (though I did have Seattle’s defense and they put me over the top this week) that I want offense and more offense.

1 Like

That Rams/Chiefs game was an instant classic.

I love defense, but yeah, not a good watch.

Oh and… Blink ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

“I feel this is true, therefore it is.” Amazing how that pathos infects everything.

I agree with that. That Minn. Seattle game was terrible. All defensive games aren’t the same. If it’s because of good defense, that’s one thing. But if it’s a combination of poor offense and good D, that can be hard to watch.

I can’t remember what year it was, but it was quite some time ago. Two 10-1 teams, Giants/49ers, both with very good offenses met in the regular season and played to a 7-3 final. That was actually a pretty good game. Could it have been better? Yes. But definitely not a snooze fest.

Until the players learn their place, the ratings will drop.

Somebody got it.

Maaaaaaa, theres a strange cat out here! Blink ************

What place is that?

Best game I’ve watched was Bears Rams. Defensive slugfest.

Year end ratings are in and the NFL is up 5% overall and up 86% in streaming views. Especially remarkable since it bucks the trend of declining ratings across the board in most everything else TV related.

Altair’s thread failed harder than Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The only time I ever tune in is the super bowl.

The Patriots / Chiefs game was the 2nd highest rated NFL game in something like 40 years.

What tanking?

1 Like

Why do you ask?

Looks like the NFL did very well this year.

Freaking thugs!

Things have changed and the NFL rating are good.

Are righties still burning their NFL jerseys?

Allan