Why is it so difficult for Muslims to assimilate?

Here’s the oath of citizenship:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the [Constitution](Constitution of the United States - Wikipedia) and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.(Oath of Allegiance (United States) - Wikipedia)

“What you believe you’re witnessing?” That doesn’t sound very scientific.

Palestinians cooking bacon? Somehow that sounds contradictory. Those curious as to the quirky sides of Islam should read their holy book.
Thomas Jefferson did so that he could understand what motivated the “moslem” Barbary Pirates to plunder merchant ships and enslave or kill the crews. Jefferson sent US Naval vessels and Marines to put an end to those shenanigans. Wonder what he read in the Koran? Jefferson’s copy is in the Library of Congress and used to swear in Muslim members of Congress. Except potty mouth Tlaib, she insisted on using her own.

Saudi Arabia is a good example of having to deal with a “lessor evil” for the benefit of the USA, it’s a tough one for sure because in spite of what the “propeller beanie” wearing Green Deal nut jobs tell us a country like the USA cannot be powered by “wind” and “solar” for it’s energy needs! The faster we become energy independent the faster we can dump the barbaric countries we’ve been forced to deal with to maintain our way of life.

I have not heard of a Muslim American refusing to bake a cake in America, or anything like that… so it appears you just showed that Christians are worse at “assimilating” as defined on the OP… Oops!

Who told you this?

Nevermind the fact that there are repeated storeis about evangelical christian sects in the United States who keep trying to marry underage girls and who treat their women as less than.

1 Like

You make them sound like Republicans. What’s the problem?

1 Like

Generally , Muslims in US are way more integrated than Muslims in Europe which is why, IMO, fears of immediate islamization here are way exaggerated.

OP’s point of liberal groupthink in spending little time and effort speaking up for human rights in many muslim countries is somewhat valid, since liberals do spend a disproportionate amount of time condemning colonization and islamophobia and other generally perceived ill behavior from western world.

But human rights are human rights, no matter who the oppressor is and if we are going to be consistent, we’d hear a lot more about stories like the female human rights lawyer in Iran who was just sentenced to 38 years of imprisonment and 148 lashes for defending women arrested for removing their hijabs. Instead liberal groups like Code Pink organize delegations to Iran to protest the Trump policies (as far as I know, they haven’t protested the above mentioned lawyer’s sentence)

Anyone remember who used to do all the “Religion of Peace” threads to complain about Muslims on the old board?

I’m not a scientist. I’m a simple man that attempts to keep his eyes and ears open. Hence my response. BTW…I’ve been missin u. I’m glad you’re back.

Yes and one simply need go to Kiryas Joel to find out what happens when an Orthodox Jewish swct doesn’t assimilate.

Well, as I said, if it’s true, it’s deplorable that your school district caved to that, and I would hope your wife and her union raised holy hell about it. That’s offensive and disgusting - both the request from the parents, and the response by the school.

It would be helpful if there was a link to cooperate the story.

This isn’t about crime. It’s about support for equal rights for all. If someone believes that a 12 year old boy is inferior to a grown assed woman, that does not make him a criminal.

You’re welcome.

He’s flooding/trolling his own thread.

I know plenty of Jews who have tattoos and eat bacon.

No one questions their Jewishness.

Your opinion is noted. So no proof that American Muslims violate the rights of women and gays any more than any other American ethnic group. Gotcha.

Link? there is no way in hell any school would publicize this. Zero chance. My wife is too close to retirement to make a stand in a battle she cannot win. She is also an aid in a special needs class. So she gets no union protection. Judge her if you will, but it isn’t worth the risk. Islam has a huge problem with women’s rights. As do others. But Islam seems to be the only one that is above criticism.

When you go to Poland or South Korea or Portugal to live. Do you plan to assimilate? Or are you just going to live there as an American? Will you learn Polish, or Portuguese? Do you plan to live as a Korean? Or will you simply mind your own business, and get along the best you can. Are you going to embrace Korean culture, or Polish culture or Portuguese Culture? Just asking, because when people from America go to live other places, they don’t try to assimilate completely either.

Who is criticizing the “others” that have a problem with women’s rights?