Why is it so difficult for Muslims to assimilate?

I respectfully ask that you stay on topic. There is no such thing as Christianaphobia. If you want to start a topic exposing the “sins” of Christianity please do so. I will happily comment.

So the extent of your personal relationship with Muslims is judging women in traditional clothing from a distance?

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

The sad part is you think that personal tidbit helped you.

1 Like

US Muslims are more accepting of homosexuality than Evangelicals [1]. Muslims are more proud to be American than the general US public [2].

1. American Muslims' political and social views | Pew Research Center
  2. https://www.pewforum.org/2017/07/26/identity-assimilation-and-community/
4 Likes

basis[quote=“altair1013, post:1, topic:172416, full:true”]
The answer is simple. They don’t want to. They did not migrate to Europe, Minnesota or Michigan with assimilation in mind. They are not here to embrace western culture. They are coming to embrace western wealth. Western culture and Islamic/Arabic have very little in common. And many Muslim migrants appear to have little interest in adapting to our way of life. Support for gay rights is non existent in the Islamic world. Women are still seen as inferior to a 12 year old boy and 50 year old men marrying 12 year old girls is not considered to be abhorrent. In fact, in Brunei the sentence for being gay has now gone from 10 years in prison to death by stoning. Who in the hell stones people to death? A culture who is stuck in the 7th century, that’s who. Liberal group think does not allow for criticism of Islam, so very few liberals will speak out against this (some will).

Ask yourself this: If you were to move to Brunei, Indonesia or Saudi Arabia, how long would it take before you started to embrace Islamic/Arabic culture? My guess is never. So why would you expect Islamic migrants to embrace our culture?

[/quote]

As someone who works with Muslim refugees and asylum seekers (and Christian refugees as well), all of whom reside in the United States legally and most of whom are striving to become citizens I can state categorically that this post has no basis in reality.

Whatever happens in Brunei is in Brunei. To apply it here is equivalent to saying that because Christians perpetrated genocide against Muslims in Bosnia, all American Christians are going to commit genocide.

2 Likes

But you said that having the intent to support gay rights is important to you? Why are you singling out one religion?

1 Like

Newsflash: There is no republican plan to roll back gay rights. It doesn’t make the top 20 of issues for republicans. Sorry, no BINGO. You completely whiffed on this. Only Islam stones gays to death.

Even I support this… Shhhh… Don’t tell my wife… thank goodness this is an anonymous board… :slight_smile:

If you are reading honey, it was a joke… Yes, I’ll get you a glass of wine… What do you want me to make for dinner?

Did you know that Jeanine Pirro’s parents are Muslims? They sure seem to have assimilated pretty well and produced a bat ■■■■ crazy anti-Muslim daughter.

2 Likes

Do you support LGBTQ rights?

You realize why this is being asked of you, right?

There’s a touch of irony in people who believe in fiercely guarding their own cultural beliefs talking about “assimilation”.

So people that once held, or may be inclined to have that belief can be… assimilated?

This thread is failing quick buddy…

That’s you saying that. Not us. We are not obsessed with race as you are. Maybe a good shrink could help you?

Please, please do not require the Chinese and Vietnamese communities in many cities to “assimilate”… They have some of the best food in many cities and I love to attend their festivals…

Not officially, because it’s incredibly unpopular.

Because they stone people to death.

So Trump trying to enforce a ban on trans-people in the military was in my imagination?

And this attempt by the Tennessee GOP to nullify Obergefell v Hodges is just fake news?

When’s the last Muslim stoning that took place in the United States?

They do! They love America and our culture! Just ask my Chinese sister in law.

That’s ten times worse!!!

Isn’t it nice that we live in a country, where we can type just how disgusted we are with the thought that Muslims don’t assimilate…without fear of retaliation…yet…all around the world, there’s evidence Muslims do not.

Fortunately, a decision that you don’t get to make buddy…:sunglasses: