Why fox news is sooo important

I’m rounding a little with these figures, But I’m close. 11 million people watched the state of the union on Fox. About 30 million watched on the other networks combined. Without FOX what do you have? You have no choice. You are forced to get all of your TV news from a source that has chosen a side and aligned itself with the DNC. FOX offers a different perspective and an opportunity to cover different stories that these other outlets choose not to cover. They also look at stories more critically. Such as the Mueller probe. In a free society, it is important to have more than one point of view. Than God for FNC.

2 Likes

I watched SOTU and Democratic rebuttal on NBC without paying attention to chatter in between and not needing hours of cable news to quack about it for hours afterwards because I can listen and decide for myself.

1 Like

Here’s the problem with your thesis.

The same speech played on all the networks.

If you rely on an army of pundits to tell you what to think about the speech you heard, I can see how FOX is important.

If you just want to watch the speech and make up your own mind, then it really doesn’t matter what channel you watch it on.

10 Likes

The same speech was played on many channels. Your hypothesis is very flawed.

2 Likes

My apologies for not being clear. I was using the SOTU as a way to show audience numbers. We need Fox for the reasons I mentioned beyond the SOTU.

My apologies for not being clear. I was using the SOTU as a way to show audience numbers. We need Fox for the reasons I mentioned beyond the SOTU.

If there wasn’t Fox they would watch it on one of the other channels, some of which are free.

1 Like

Oh, you were perfectly clear - and so was I.

FOX is only “important” if you need someone to tell you what to think. If all you want to hear is the news, it doesnt matter where you see it.

5 Likes

There are companies that record audience numbers.

Fox News is important because tens of millions of conservatives are desperate to be lied to.

7 Likes

Exactly. Echo chambers are comforting.

2 Likes

Without them there is no diversity and the subjects covered are less diverse. Without them all we have are networks aligned with the DNC. FOX is important.

I get most of my news, at least initially, from this forum.

I see a thread, I google the topic, read a couple of stories, and figure it out for myself.

1 Like

Who is lying to the liberals?

“Diversity of topics”?

The topic is news.

Reality: Fire hurts if you touch it.
Conservative media: No it doesn’t.

These are diverse “opinions”. When one of them is based on nonsense though, is it really important for any other reason than the fact it misinforms so many people?

The president is. He lies to the liberal. He lies to the cons. He lies all the time. He averages 4,000 lies a year as president.

There is no liberal equivalent to Fox News or conservative talk radio.