Why do you think Trump wants to block Boltons book?

That’s an interesting take from Conway, it was highly annoying when it happened.

1 Like

In my opinion Bolton is the exact opposite of a patriot. He is a coward of the highest order. He knows there were serious crimes and misdemeanors committed by Trump, and instead of honoring his oath to the Constitution, he instead chose the cowards way out. Screw him! I’m still not going to buy his book.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. It was a highly calculated move to get the manuscript in the public view and evading the (likely unconstitutional NDA. He sells his book (legal and no violation), writes it (same), submits to the review process, and after the review is complete, the publisher says, it’s ours and we are publishing it. Bolton is no longer in violation of his NDA (assuming that the NDA is not an unconstitutional prior restraint) and the publisher is shielded from criminal liability and an injunction against distribution under the Pentagon Papers case.

2 Likes

He literally does this to everyone who writes anything negative about him and has for forty years because he’s a punk.

6 Likes

Perhaps. I won’t argue the legalities here. I’ve read enough of your posts to know I’m out of my league and will defer to you. :slight_smile:

Do you think that he will lose all of the profit from the sale of the book?

Oh, stuff like this. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-asked-chinas-xi-to-help-him-win-reelection-according-to-bolton-book/2020/06/17/d4ea601c-ad7a-11ea-868b-93d63cd833b2_story.html

Too late to block it now, though. It’s out there.

2 Likes

Mary Trump’s book sounds pretty interesting as well. Good beach reads, both of them.

1 Like

That’s a great question. He already pocketed $2M on the advance. I will be fascinated to see if Bolton counters with a suit to declare the NDA invalid under the First Amendment.

1 Like

Well, this explains why trump has been kissing Xi’s behind.

From everything I am reading, he would be smart to take that approach. Although, it would also likely open him up to even further aggression from Barr’s DOJ, if Trump takes it as an aggressive action designed to make it look like he is itching for a fight. Trump’s needs an enemy to punch against, and Barr strikes me as someone willing to act on his client’s behalf.

and it begins.

“Bolton describes several episodes where the president expressed willingness to halt criminal investigations “to, in effect, give personal favors to dictators he liked,” citing cases involving major firms in China and Turkey”

If Bolton had just testified at the Senate trial, we could have been rid of Trump by now. BUT, in the long run, maybe this will be better- a clean break in Jan 2021.

How do you know it’s lies ?

I highly doubt Bolton’s testimony would’ve changed their minds. They’re all in the trump train.

“The pattern looked like obstruction of justice as a way of life, which we couldn’t accept,” Mr. Bolton writes, adding that he reported his concerns to Attorney General William P. Barr.

oohhh.

I know what you mean- but it was on TV. It was covered in the news. It would have been hard to ignore.

I hope the DNC gives Bolton’s books out like candy.

3 Likes

You’re not getting rid of Trump. He will be your next President come Jan 2021 unless someone steps up to the plate that is more palatable which I don’t see happening.

It’s all about trump and his re-election.

“Bolton says Trump cared little for the details of the denuclearization effort during the Trump-Kim summit in Singapore and saw it merely as a “an exercise in publicity.”

"Trump was prepared to sign a substance-free communique, have his press conferenc

Disagree.