Why do we fight so much?

No…more traumatic than that.

Something that allows such disparate tribes to believe they can be part of one tribe again.

I have a local example…we have some real bad seeds on our local school board. One is such a fool I was able to stitch together a coalition of some of the most left-wing and most right-wing parents you can imagine and work together to defeat candidates who were allied to him and would have given his group a majority on the board.

Even now he’s keeping us mostly united until 2019 when we can vote him out of office.

They never were one tribe.

I was making a joke, however after I said it I realized that we always do go back in time to a day before the shooting took place, and we pretend it didn’t happen.

Therefore, is turning back the time even desirable? We need to move forward and change whats wrong with our current society, not try to make it exactly the way it was.

The way our society used to be led to this after all.

We fight so much because we have irreconcilable differences. We have always fought and always will.

3 Likes

Well…depending on what characteristics were dominant in society at the time, they were.

But yes…at root they never were, and it was always an uneasy alliance.

There is not “our current society”. You society is different from mine is different than his.

You’re arguing something that wasn’t implied.

For about 24 hours after the attacks of 9-11 it was pretty close………….

No they weren’t. This has been going on since day 1. Not alliance. Alliances. These two against those three. Alliances are for example what get a President elected. Then they change.

This country has never been “one tribe”.

Yes, close. Same thing on December 8th, 1941.

Implied? It was stated.

America is an agglomeration of various tribes. I don’t know why people would disagree with this statement.

Not by me.

You aren’t even going to get 5 people to agree on “what’s wrong”, much less how to change it for the better.

You’re right. I’m pessimistic for our future.

I just quoted it again. “Our current society” doesn’t exist.

No need to be. What’s the worst that can happen?

America is an agglomeration of various tribes. America exists. There is dominant American culture. Just because we live in different tribes doesn’t mean we exist in separate realities.