Why do they let Rudy go on TV? He always makes things worse

Giuliani on ABC: “For every one of these things he did, we can write out five reasons why he did it. If four of them are completely innocent and one of them is your assumption that it’s a guilty motive, which [Trump] would deny, you can’t possibly prosecute him” .

So, wouldn’t it be better to just tell the truth, rather than write out 5 different reasons?

I want him to keep going on TV. The more he talks the more it shows what kind of ■■■■ show the Trump administration is. He’s a perfect representative for the Trump Ethos. He’s a liar. He’s inconsistent. He makes weak arguments. He truly shows how scummy the president and his cast of morons truly is.

2 Likes

I’m glad too! But is does show that nobody’s in charge. In a normal administration, he would have been gone right after his first TV debacle. Now, he keeps coming back for more. I can’t wait to see MTP- he’s on that too.

Only the best.

Saw him on Meet the Press this morning. He’s a hot steaming mess. Once again, I have to wonder why the lawyer to the president is going on TV and blathering idiotically.

Reality TV president attracts and encourages reality TV behavior.

Called Chuck Todd “Todd”, and then corrected himself and called him “Chris”. Chuck nicely covered it up for him.

Rudy is gaslighting to beat the band. That, or he’s developing dementia. I’m going with A.

Nice legacy for you R.G., after you actually did some very good things in the wake of 911.

He’s maybe gaslighting, but it’s so damn doddering it seems more like dementia.

Muddying the water. Classic disinformation techniques are being used before our very eyes.

Rudy is not Trump’s lawyer, per se. He is on the TV pretending to be his lawyer.

Not sure why Trump allows him to look so foolish, unless for some reason he thinks he is looking good.

Oh boy (sorry if this has been posted in a different thread)…

“In no case can he be subpoenaed or indicted,” Rudy Giuliani told HuffPost Sunday, claiming a president’s constitutional powers are that broad. “I don’t know how you can indict while he’s in office. No matter what it is.”

Giuliani said impeachment was the initial remedy for a president’s illegal behavior ― even in the extreme hypothetical case of Trump having shot former FBI Director James Comey to end the Russia investigation rather than just firing him.

“If he shot James Comey, he’d be impeached the next day,” Giuliani said. “Impeach him, and then you can do whatever you want to do to him.”

They let Rudy go on TV because they are morons and Trump’s fanboys are morons, so.

I truly believe Rudy has gone senile. Seriously. I believe he is now officially mentally deficient. Granted, that’s what makes him perfect for the Trump Administration. But in any other reality-based situation he’s just nutty as a fruitcake.

Its difficult to come to any other conclusion, given his responses on the various shows he been on.

Fake news - Trump has only be best and the brightest representing him.

He doesn’t look foolish to his target audience.

A year and a half in and you guys STILL haven’t figured that out?

Remember when Republicans were making all these “The President can whatever he wants, however he wants, to whomever he wants and the Constitution allows” it arguments when Obama was President? At least they’re consistent in their understanding and reverence for the Constitution.

1 Like

I know that…Fox News has done very well at propagandizing.

I think that Trump thinks he is doing a good job. I believe that Trump thinks that his best defense against the media is to have “TV” lawyers doing the talking. And the disinformation campaign is right out of the Clinton playbook when it was being rumored that he was going to be impeached.