Why Do Democrats Want to Confiscate Our Guns?

It’s one out of contest statement that’s in no way difiative.

What?

On the floor of the US Senate about this topic she said this:

“If I had my way, I would ban the possession of assault
weapons anywhere in the United States of America
, but there were not
going to be the votes for that.”

There is no ambiguity in that statement. It follows the statement she made to 60 minutes.

BTW, I had not problem finding the transcript of that 60 minutes interview:

http://rkba.org/media/60minutes.aw.5feb95

Also, the link for the Senate statement she made:

That is what is known as “flailing”. :wink:

“No one is trying to take your guns away…”

LA already has a history of unconstitutional gun confiscation after Katrina.

1 Like

Not to bring race into this, but as a fellow person of color she should be ashamed of herself. Does she not know the history of infringement on the second amendment in this country, especially in the old (pre-1980s) south?

Anti-gun movements in this country targeted black men and black women first and foremost. Especially in the old south. Almost every anti-gun law in this country’s history was targeted specifically at people of color.

They (as in the state) didn’t want us to own firearms because they feared a truly free black man and woman with a gun. And they still do.

And now even fellow people of color are buying into the nonsense that gun registration and confiscation will somehow help us. It’ll “keep us safe.”

Screw that. I know my history reasonably well. I keep and bear arms for self defense, both against the actions of the mob (which we have observed all too frequently lately) and against tyranny by a corrupt state.

I know what happened to black people in America for a century after the Civil War. Our rights were stripped, the states (enabled by the Feds) abused us and allowed us to be targeted by supremacist groups like the Klan. They falsely imprisoned us. I’ll be damned if they take the means to defend what is mine from me.

The constitution clearly protects the right that every single one of us, no matter our color, religion, or political ideology, has to keep and bear arms. I’m far less ideological than I used to be. But this is one issue where my heels are dug into the dirt.

No more infringements. Not a single one.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget that if we wanted to require IDs to vote, poll taxes, and special classes to vote… that’s suppressing the minority vote.

Bit of we want to require ID, tax ammo, and require safety classes to own a firearm… that’s just common sense gun control.

4 Likes

All I have to say is if they try to take mine they better bring theirs

Democrats love for Communist China should be our first clue why!

I see your drive-by posting and raise you another drive-by posting.

What fake news are you watching?

Obama and his Democrats sold America to China, that’s why an investigation is started every 10 hours in to Communist China!

I don’t watch the news, I read it.

That article mentions nothing about Obama selling America to China.

Good choice. That way you can avoid the possibility of hearing/seeing something you didn’t want to know. It’s a lot easier to filter what you read.

1 Like

Explain the logic to me for this one? There are a lot more print news sources than TV based ones and its a lot easier to jump between news sources online where I can read an article on demand than it is on TV where you have to be watching it at the right time or plan ahead to DVR it. I mostly rely on Google News and it often provides right wing sources.

If my goal was to “avoid the possibility of hearing/seeing something [I] didn’t want to know,” why on earth would I spend so much time on a Conservative discussion forum where I’m bombarded with right-wing talking points and links? Did you even think this through before posting?

Its self explanatory. Read it again real slowly.

If you are using this site as an information source, you need to reevaluate your reasons for being here.

Then in that case I disagree with you on the premise that consuming television news over print media makes it harder to avoid unwanted or unique perspectives.

I’m not. I’m simply pointing out that were one wanting to avoid right-wing news sources and ideas then being on a right-wing talking board where news articles from right-wing sources are constantly posted wouldn’t be logical.

Yeah, you have had your mind changed by conservative posts numerous times in this Forum I am sure.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

What does that have to do with anything? Being exposed to ideas and being convinced of ideas are two separate things.

A lot of good it has done you.

I’m doing just fine. How are you doing?