Why aren't you Catholic?

Porcupines are in the eye of the beholder. Struck me as i had a whole pack of porcupines after me. :wink:

In any event i am soon off to bed.

No, it is more like an enthusiastic game of volleyball. (And I wish you good dreams.)

Yeah you too. An old timer like me needs his sleep. :smiley:

Yup. Yours are the only eyes beholding them.

More important here, is how the heck do I direct quote with this new format? You’d think I’d love Catholic church because I hate changes. :slight_smile:

There are multiple ways it seems. The easiest way I’ve stumbled on is highlight the text you want to quote. A quote button will appear. Press it and a text box will open for you to type your response.

If you want to multi - quote, highlight the text, press quote, highlight next text, press quote, repeat as needed.

[quote=“koushi_shinigami, post:329, topic:119”]
There are multiple ways it seems. The easiest way I’ve stumbled on is highlight the text you want to quote. A quote button will appear. Press it and a text box will open for you to type your response.

If you want to multi - quote, highlight the text, press quote, highlight next text, press quote, repeat as needed.
[/quote] I think I got it. I’ll hit reply and find out.

Maybe now.

Still? Im going to be upset if I die without ever finding out.

wow. almost forgot about that stuff I saw as a kid. The window scenes in stained glass were not very kid-friendly either.

And even outside the Christian religion, the public slaughtering of sheep on holy days of Islam is not very kid-friendly. And they guy praying with the warbley voice on the minaret loudspeaker is not very kid-friendly.

Can’t we just have like rainbows and puppy dogs… or like the guy on Game of Thrones said “Where is the God of tits and wine?”

well that wouldn’t be kid-friendly either.

Why can’t we…

so much for the “man created God” theory. If he had, Tyrion’s wish would prevail.

His name is Dionysus and he’s probably on some college campus somewhere.

A blasphemous church, no doubt.

His kids have my deepest sympathies. I attended Harding University for a short time. What a miserable experience that was.

A church that actually follows the scriptures. Have a nice day.

I am. This is fun.

I’m not a Catholic because I don’t conform to any religion. I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe in the Almighty, but there is more to the world than the conversation has allowed for in the last 1800 years since the Council of Nicaea.

What conversation was not allowed after the Council of Nicaea?

For example, the passages of the 6 Day Creation event. It is still taught to this day in church that it literally happened in 6 days.

I would also like to know more about the global civilization that existed in and before Noah’s time, which there is physical evidence of on every inhabited continent.

Unfortunately, a council of people who don’t represent me or anyone I’ve ever known, decided what the Bible will contain and how it will be taught. There is no discussion on the true meanings of the vast amounts of metaphors throughout and what their actual meanings are.

Taught literally, by whom? Catholic schools have been teaching evolution for decades. A study of centuries old Rabbinical teachings point out the instances “day” is used to indicate an unspecified period of time.

You may have been missing out on conversations because all a minority of Christian denominations have had these discussions. If I recall the number correctly, then only thirty percent of the faithful believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis. Seventy percent of us do not.