Why are you on the left so Happy and Nancy is so distraught?

So some of you guys are so happy that Trump was impeached. You have been working on it for three years.

Nancy Pelosi wont even take questions about it. Is she ashamed of her caucus?

She has been saying how her conscious demanded Trump be impeached. Why wont she even discuss it less than 24hrs after the vote? If you had put this impeachment together like she had, would you run from it like she is doing?

She’s working to keep the Senate from running from it.

Pelosi said she needs to know the structure of the Senate trial before naming the managers, but said what she’s heard so far sounds unfair, echoing the complaints of Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, who has been rebuked after he asked for acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Mulvaney’s assistant to testify.

“We cannot name managers until we see what the process is on the Senate side, and I would hope that that will be soon,” Pelosi said. “So far we haven’t seen anything that looks fair to us, so hopefully it will be fairer and when we see what that is, we’ll send our managers.”

She has no power over the senate, all she is doing is holding a hyperpartisan vote with zero republican support which is why she isn’t sending it to the senate. If even 50 republicans voted “Yes” she would be sending it.

I am sure the members of the Democratic Party in red areas that voted yes on impeachment are not wanting this to drag out any longer than it has to. Not to mention the 2020 democratic candidates who have lost all the media attention because of it.

So she is ashamed…

This coming from a party that hasn’t had a presidential press briefing in like two years…

2 Likes

Are they required to have one?

Why did Nancy have one if she wasnt going to answer their questions? It was like she was afraid / embarrassed because she only had her caucus.

Now she says she wants to see what the senate is going to do. That is not her place. She doesnt run the senate or even get a vote. If she truely was a woman of integrity, and this was all about her integrity, then she would send this to them and let the chips fall where they may. At least then she could hold her head high and say she did her part. She cant even say that now. She is running from her part.

2 Likes

That’s not true.

And it’s been longer than that since the dimocrats had one.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sure she has. She can hold onto the Articles Of Impeachment until Schumer completes negotiations about how the Senate trial will function. It is becoming more obvious that McConnell and the WH don’t want Mulvaney, Pompeo and Bolton to be called as witnesses. And McConnell is banking on his belief that the Democrats do not want this whole thing to run close to the primaries. This will be interesting.

Sure takes the urgency out of “clear and present danger” and the rushed impeachment.

But dimocrats will buy anything their old white leaders are selling.

I’ll bet they’re regretting how their kavanaugh circus cost them the senate.

1 Like

Yet on a nearly daily basis the press gets to ask questions and they get replies.

Not too long ago, impeachment was of the utmost urgency to the Dems.

• “We view this as urgent,” House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff said last week.

• “They keep taking it to court and, no, we’re not going to wait till the courts decide,” Pelosi said. “We can’t wait for that.”

• “Wouldn’t that be a great Christmas gift for it to all wrap up by Christmas?” Rep. Val Demings (D-FL) asked.

From this article (with countless others just like it out there):

But now … “Meh … we are gonna wait …”

2 Likes

I doubt it.

I highly doubt she can just hold on to it as long as she wants the president is entitled for a senate trial for exoneration. Or I would imagine this would go to the Supreme Court and be dismissed.

They had their trial now it goes to the senate or they can drop it not hold on to it as long as she likes as a political weapon to be used in the future. This is going to backfire huge on the democrats, people are not that dense and know she just don’t want to send it because it got zero republican votes and knows it will be smacked down. Since they are making their own rules I don’t think McConnell would have a hard time getting the 51 votes to outright dismiss it if they continue going down this path.

Politically I hope she does continue

1 Like

There is nothing in the Constitution that dictates a time frame between what the House and Senate does regarding impeachment. And I believe that the president can only be acquitted and not removed from office. I do not believe that there is a mechanism for exoneration. And I don’t see how this whole thing would ever go to the SCOTUS.
I think that the American people understand the concept of not having a trail without witnesses. So I think that Schumer has this on his side. The Republicans complained a lot about not getting their witnesses during the House investigation. I think that Schumer could now say yes to that but only if he gets his witnesses.

Jesus I might as well just keep saying “if you let your eyes go out of focus you can see how this is unconstitutional.” You guys, I swear.

You make Stan look like a reasonable fan.

How many nanoseconds has the Senate impeachment trial been delayed thus far by N Pelosi’s action?

How many nanoseconds, if any, has the Senate impeachment trial of the impeached President D Trump been delayed thus far by N Pelosi’s actions thus far?

They certainly get a plethora of lies from D Trump on a daily basis.

What trial was there in the House of Reps with respect to the impeachment of D Trump?