Why are we STILL so far behind?

Actually, I feel better when Fauci speaks than when POTUS speaks.

Everybody is a little tense and on edge…and POTUS does not choose his words wisely. :elephant: :us:

2 Likes

Trump is a horrible communicator when he goes off script.

He did said a vaccine for public use likely won’t be ready for another 12 to 18 months.

Are you confused?

And they still won’t be ready by the fall.

Maybe antivirals will but not vaccines.

I work in the industry. Won’t happen no matter what the panic.

It can’t.

No that isn’t what he said. He said we’ll have one in 12-18 months.

I’m more optimistic that we can get a vaccine into production sooner.

Just like your mythical blood test?

Oh hell let’s burn down the barn I used the wrong word!

I also corrected it.

Guys, it’s just the flu. No big deal. It’ll be gone in April. Trump said so. Repeatedly.

Personally I’d like to see some serosurveys done.

We need to understand the true infection rate. Those would help us do that…would help us get a read as to whether this will be the end or is just Wave 1.

You’re right. No one said the virus is a hoax. How could they? No, the accusation was that the severity of the pandemic, as reported by the media, was a hoax.

You know it, we know it, so why keep denying it?

That isn’t what’s been claimed here and in the press endlessly.

Thank you for not denying it. Interesting that you’re more concerned about the opinions of pundits and anonymous Internet posters than what comes out of the President’s mouth.

Well you simply made that up but 2 points for imagination.

Thank you, once again, for agreeing with me.
Point 1: You ignored my fact-based description of the President’s paranoid ramblings.
Point 2: Instead, you deflected by focusing on the opinions of two groups of people who have no control over the national response to this crisis.

I did no such thing. The president isn’t here to argue with is he?

This isn’t even close to a “fact”, it’s just your own uneducated opinion.

Point 1: You ignored my fact-based description of the President’s paranoid ramblings.

1 Like

In terms of being confronted with one’s own words and denying he ever said them, he might as well be.

Ooook. Is he under your bed too? In your closet?

At-home test kits given green light, website already at capacity. You asked they listened.

One company did say they hope to cut the time in half and have done at least one different vaccine in eleven months.

And perhaps find asymptomatic carriers.