Why are we giving Ukraine ANY military assisance?

I agree.

He has to know that a Ukrainian insurgency would be devastating to the Russian Armed Forces. They’re pretty fragile. The Soviet Army was far more robust as an organization and they still fell apart as Afghanistan wore on.

Maybe it’s just a play for the Russian people. Get the rah rah going for a domestic boost. But even that doesn’t make sense because he is Russia at this point.

I don’t have a clue. An invasion doesn’t make sense when prior Russian disinformation campaigns and backing ethnic Russian rebels in the Donbass was working.

If he is broke and it is all for show why move the Far Eastern Units into position to take part? There are too many indicators of hostility right now. More came out on the cyber attack. The attack also added a very potent malware to lots of the systems. The type that destroys software and takes down the system, not just encrypt it for ransom. Extreme cyber attack software very similar to GRU grade malware.

In an attack, in the middle of winter, millions of Ukrainians would flood West into NATO. Very disruptive, socially and economically.

I think he attacks I hope it’s small. My wife’s family is far away from the eastern side of the Ukraine and would not be in the combat zone unless they moved towards Poland. Most think it will be some type of small incursion like the Donbas attack in 2014.

Sounds like the Brandon admin is all ready to give Russia a severe tongue lashing, if they invade Ukraine again. Kind of like last time.

Clinton promised we’d protect Ukraine, if they gave up their nukes… Suckers!

1 Like

They appear to also be massing in Belarus near the Ukrainian Capital. A quick thrust South could topple the government

The U.S. shouldn’t have made any promises to protect the Ukraine. It is a hopeless situation looking at the Ukraine map they are literally almost surrounded like Poland was by Germany in WW2. Russia can attack from the North through Belarus, NorthEast, East, SouthEast, or South or all at once.

Our folks thought Russia was done. Yeltsin was an amiable drunk, the Soviet Union was broken up, the Russian Military was in tatters and the russian state was basically broke.

1 Like

Wanna fight Russians? Don’t send somebody else’s kid, grow a pair and do it yourself.

1 Like

i’m still in the same place. whether or not ukraine joins nato is not something russia should have any say over. no russian action, demand or threat should even be in consideration. in fact, their aggressions should make it more likely. russian aggression is why nato exists.

I have two issues with it. First (And I could be wrong) Russia is not going to let Ukraine join NATO without a military fight which they would likely win. We saw what happened in 2014. I could be wrong and I hope I am it seems unless a deal is struck Russia invades the Ukraine.

Second we were able to grab and absorb a lot of those ex Soviet countries since the fall of the Soviet Union, when a country joins NATO we’re obliged to help if invaded. Given the history between Ukraine and Russia it would seem at least a possibility that it might launch the Cold War again as they likely would always be at it like Hamas and Israel.

Maybe it’s just my desire for peace but it’s possible something like what happened in Austria in 1955 could happen in the Ukraine both sides just agreed they wouldn’t take them in and since then Austria has stayed neutral prospered and is still and ally to the west.

I understand the commitment of letting countries in NATO but from what I have read there is nothing on the table of letting Ukraine in NATO and it could possibly be more pain than gain as I don’t see Putin letting that big land mass on the Russian border go to nato.

The point is to weaken the US economically, and militarily by means of a second humiliating defeat with Biden at the helm. It will make it easier for the collapsing NWO to swallow her up.

Since the Brandon admin says it will respond “economically”, that just means the swamp is placing bets in the stock market as they will know ahead of time what the exact economic measures will be and can profit from them.

And if we are only going to respond with sanctions, it’s almost a “go head” for Putin. It’s not like we don’t have tons of sanctions on him already. Don’t forget the Brandon admin approved Putin’s Pipeline around Ukraine…

1 Like

5 Likes

That is amazing!!

The rarely used Brandon formation.

2 Likes

Heroes of 'mOcRaCy!

raw

3 Likes

Now we’re talking!

Watch Brandon with Abrams.

2 Likes

i’d like to know what structure they’re using where 88 tanks=2 bn’s?

us abct/ 69 tanks + 91 bradleys (2 armor CAB’s 1 Inf CAB)
ibct(m)/ 39 tanks + 120 bradleys (2 INF CAB’s 1 armor CAB)

russia
Tank regiment (BDE)/ 93 tanks 40 BMP’s (3 asrmor BTG’s 1 Inf BTG)
MRR (BDE)/ 40 tanks 120 BMP’s (3 inf BTG’s 1 armor BTG)

Yes, reports are the US will send Abrams tanks as well.

The Abrams tanks were (in)famously successful using depleted uranium shells to destroy Iraqi tanks. How long will the American tanks survive if the Russians respond in kind?

Well if sending tanks turns out to be Putin’s red line for using nukes, Germany is going first.