Why are needle syringes ok and straws not ok?

You can edit that 100 times to explain why it’s being done.

That doesn’t change the fact that giving new ones is still abetting the use of them.

No. That’s just your opinion of it

Would not giving disease free needles in any way stop them from shooting up? No? If not then it’s not abetting

Are you suggesting that if we banned needles they would keep doing it anyway? (If so, I agree.)

EDIT: I disagree with your interpretation of “abet”. We’re not going to get beyond our respective opinions. (As you noted: “That’s just your opinion of it.” And that statement cuts both ways.) So now I’m addressing a different point regarding the banning of needle use.

That is the opposite of what I’m suggesting. They already have the needles. It won’t stop anything

Good question!!!

I remember when SF started giving out free needles and local conservatives were bashed as insensitive and old fashioned for telling them what would happen down the road. And we were correct as usual!

A ban won’t stop anything? (Remember, the context of this thread is comparing needle use to straw use in light of people proposing a ban on straw use.)

1 Like

There is no proposed straw ban

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well there isn’t, the rolling eyes change nothing. You can still get a straw in any restaurant in the state

Orrrrrr…

ARs!!!

They’re going to drag this out starting with McCabe then Comey and on and on.

“They?” Nonsense - Donald is a stable genius, a master strategist, and the POTUS. He has all the evidence necessary to send the entire Obama-Clinton criminal cabal to prison for high treason. There has to be a reason he is waiting to spring the trap, reasons far beyond the comprehension of ordinary people like you or me. I guess all will be revealed in time, akd we simply must have faith in the Chosen One.

Medical waste has to be handled in a very specific manner so very few plastic syringes will end up floating around in lakes and oceans.

Further it’s all about the health risks to the public. If you reuse syringes, no matter how carefully they are handled you’re going to end up eventually with needless deaths and diseases being passed from patient to patient.

2 Likes

Yup. HIV, Turberculosis, and many more. Blood borne pathogens aren’t something you want to mess with.

I think what Bosun means is, why isn’t there an ordinance outlawing placing used needles on public property but there’s one banning plastic straws. Seems to me Commiefornia doesn’t care about the health of the population as much as they care about the health of the environment.

It boils down to covert wishes for white and human genocide, despite how much they deny it.

Ultimately, a ban won’t stop anything. But the difference is, you need a gun to defend yourself, and used needles can’t do that. What are you going to do, spread HIV to your rapist?

The people saying that the needle ban won’t work are the same ones calling for red flag laws and gun/gun accessory bans. If you want to pretend to care about safety and health, be consistent at least.

2 Likes

Not everyone who uses needles is a drug addict. I have to use them every day for insulin. Without that, my blood sugars could rise to levels that could be fatal.

Kind of irks me to see people imply that everyone who uses needles is a drug addict. There are legitimate medical needs for them.

I’ll bet 99.99% of insulin users (and other at-home-administered prescription injections) do not dispose of their needles in the gutters.

Just saying.

3 Likes

Well that is a pretzel brained question that only the twisted grey matter of a liberal could answer.