Why Are Handicaps Not Part of Diversity?

Irrelevant.

The lesson of the Terry Schiavo case has zip to do with diversity.

The lesson of Terry Schiavo is- GET A LIVING WILL DONE IN WRITING, so your surviving relations can’t get into ugly legal battles with each other over your fate when you are incapacitated.

If Terry Schiavo had written up her wishes in a living will, then the problems surrounding her case would have gone away.

Link?

Here is a link to laws in the U S that require doctors to question a woman’s motive for abortion & specifically ban gender selective abortion:

They make the claim that it’s a problem in the United States but offer zero evidence. None, nothing. That there are more women than men does not help their case.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03UPQaEbMGQCzTt8x0q1uguFVL7xQ%3A1609597772544&source=hp&ei=TIPwX9naHoi-tAbR5axQ&q=gender+selection+abortions&oq=gender+selection+abortions&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1DyHljyHmC9KWgAcAB4AIABY4gBY5IBATGYAQCgAQKgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjZsNj7uv3tAhUIH80KHdEyCwoQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

I’ve already looked at several articles and none of them offer any evidence whatsoever.

OK. :man_shrugging:

Meaning I am right to be skeptical.

Here it is overseas & among some immigrants in the U S.

Yes it’s not uncommon in some countries, I’m aware of that. I don’t care if they pass laws against it for that matter, but these people are taking one of the most divisive issues in this country and making up lies about it that can only serve to deepen the divisions. That’s bad.

They provide no evidence of gender selection abortions being a problem in the US…obviously it was a problem in China and India that some people fear may happen here.

I’m not saying there aren’t abortions done for gender preference in the US…I’m sure there are.

However there is no evidence provided it’s happening in any large degree.

Then you did see it. You’re aware of it.

What was the lie? Be specific.

That it’s a serious problem in the United States. It’s an empty claim so far, with no evidence supplied.

He didn’t say gender selection was a serious problem he said it was a thing. So again what was the lie?

It’s not a thing. A “thing” in any common vernacular means it is widespread. It’s a lie. Show me some verified numbers if you disagree.

Nobody mentioned United States until you did.

Who is lying?

From the very first article linked to on the subject, in post #7.

It is practiced with impunity in many countries, including the U.S., via sex-selective abortion –

Damn, you are desperate to stick with your error.

Maybe I should have said “nobody HERE mentioned the United States until you did”. Cool. You have an opinion piece from a guy who isn’t here. :man_shrugging:

And all he said was “practiced with impunity” (which we’ve already seen is not actually accurate, given that there are some states that restrict sex-selection abortions.) Nothing about “widespread” or “serious” (as was also a goal-moving addition by libs in this thread.)

It’s a thing. You took issue with that. But it is. You have admitted you are aware of it.

Your lust for disagreement has painted you into a corner of misrepresentation and error. You own it. And I fully expect that in typical lib fashion you’ll continue to try to wordsmith your way into making it someone else’s problem.