Why am I not surprised?

Seems like the Feds are backing away from their craziness that prompt biggest scared scandal in American history.

Feds back away from claim of assassination plot at Capitol

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/feds-capitol-mob-aimed-assassinate-elected-officials-75277876

What else had they lied about to advance their police state?

Federal prosecutors who initially said there was “strong evidence” the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week aimed to “capture and assassinate elected officials” backed away from the allegation after the head of the investigation cautioned Friday that the probe is still in its early stages and there was no “direct evidence” of such intentions.

This is why feds can’t be trusted…they throw out unsubstantiated accusation for political expediency to drum up support to create a police state.

I mean seriously?

The accusation came in a court filing by prosecutors late Thursday in Phoenix in the case against Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who took part in the insurrection while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns.

This is what they had to make this unsubstantiated claim?

Meanwhile we all know what top levels of FBI attempted to just few years ago.

2 Likes

lol
There probably were opportunistic assassination plots. Thankfully the minority women of congress didn’t fall into the hands of America First.

Yeah…thankfully…

Funny how it’s still being reported on the MSM, along with the conspiracy theory that members of the GOP in congress was in on an overthrow plot, even giving tours the day before the riot to several of the rioters to help them do surveillance…

Yeah, those evil republicans are in congress was going to help kill them! The sky really is falling!

3 Likes

Sounds far more plausible than the demz r stalin fan fiction you guys rehash every so often.

3 Likes

Umm…can’t think of anything I even should say to that…

I was going to say. There were “tours” the day before (which is weird because it was closed to the public) and some of the same people were identified at the “protest”. How is something that actually happened and can be easily proven a conspiracy theory exactly?

2 Likes

How do you know it actually happened? You have nothing but ONE uhinged dem lawmaker saying it happened. She refuses to even explain how she “knows” they were giving tours.

All you have is a claim by someone who can’t support what she feels happened.

1 Like

If you say so. Seems like Bernie Sanders was on the Colbert show talking about it recently. Guess you missed it.

As far as unhinged, what do you call a group of people storming the Capitol to keep Donald Trump in office?

There is 20 thousand or more troops in DC…with thousands of police and federal agents.

Now for critical question…who are they protecting?

The people? The Constitution?

2 Likes

I’ve read the news reports from various places.

Got anything that Sherrill has provided that proves her claim yet or is she still refusing to respond to the media after she made that claim?

Nothing…total silence.

1 Like

Some of us work weekends.

I don’t even know who Sherill is. Or why I should care.

Wait…you don’t even know the name of he Congresscritter who made those claims that you are on here spouting as truth?

As the OP says. why am I not surprised? :joy:

4 Likes

How do you know she made the claims and isn’t parroting them? I heard it coming from Sanders. Like I said, I have no idea who she is. Her name didn’t come up on the Colbert show either.

At least 30 U.S. House members, including Virginia Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger, are asking Capitol Police to review “suspicious behavior and access given to visitors to the Capitol Complex on Tuesday, January 5.”

They say people associated with the Jan. 6 rally near the White House, which ended shortly before the Capitol breach, were seen taking tours the day before.

Only members of Congress can offer tours currently because the Capitol is closed due to the pandemic.

One “unhinged” Dem lawmaker though. You bet. :laughing:

So what if they were seen at the rally? Being at the rally was perfectly legal.

1 Like

Because I read the news and use critical thinking skills instead of repeating what your network talking heads say or the libs willing to go out and repeat their latest group narrative.

Meanwhile, Representative Mikie Sherrill (D., N.J.) on Tuesday claimed she saw members of Congress leading people through the U.S. Capitol on “reconnaissance” tours one day before supporters of President Trump stormed the building, though she did not name the members or explain how she knew she was witnessing a so-called reconnaissance tour.

It’s all good.

Probably why there’s an investigation to see if they were doing more than just being at the rally, eh?

They are repeating what they were TOLD to repeat. Good Lord.

1 Like