Who will pay the costs if the thousands in the caravan are allowed on American soil?

I get all my news from here, of course!

If I see it on Hannity Boards on the Interwebs, I KNOW it’s true!

I just was surprised that you had not mentioned that immigrants all have cooties!

US detained over 50,000 illegal immigrants in December

Jan 10 2019

”WASHINGTON - Illegal border crossings into the United States continued at a high pace in December, with more than 50,000 people detained for a third straight month as the number of families illegally entering surged, US Customs and Border Protection said Wednesday.”

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue, demoralize and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

Read up on statistics. One month trends are irrelevant in long term measurements. Adding boldface does not make a short term statistical artifact more significant.

And common sense is not the friend of those with Trump Derangement Syndrome

Those who have been paying attention know there has been a surge in illegal immigration beginning in 2016 from Central America. And most are now arriving in “caravans” by the thousands.

In fiscal year (FY) 2016 alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) intercepted nearly 46,900 unaccompanied children and more than 70,400 family units from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border. LINK

JWK

[B]order patrol agents apprehended more than 100,000 people trying to enter the country illegally in just October and November of last year. LINK

Doesn’t change the fact that the 20 year trend is downward. Good fearmongering but not much of a basis for policy.

Fearmongering? So, who is going to pay for the economic needs of the tens of thousands flooding across the border each month? What are the social and economic consequences of flooding the United States with the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, disease carrying and criminal populations of other countries?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Fearmonging? you ask. Yes, that is precisely what you are doing. Painting a picture of illegal immigration that promotes fear.

you confuse the stating of facts as being painting a picture.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

The Democrat and Republican Leadership have conspired, for 35 years, to keep the border opened, and today’s Bill continues to allow and encourage illegal border crossings.

Selective facts, incomplete facts, questionable facts all reinforced with boldface = fear mongering. When you start adding in facts like the amount undocumented immigrants pay in income taxes, and the financial leverage they provide to American firms by allowing those firms to avoid minimum wage laws then you might say you are stating facts.

I’ll just pick one example of your use of selective facts to stoke fear. “criminal populations.” Undocumented immigrants have one of the lowest crime rates of any population in the United States, well below that of native borne white people.

:roll_eyes:

One in five US prison inmates is a ‘criminal alien’

"For starters, 91 percent of federal criminal aliens were citizens of Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Colombia or Guatemala.

There were more than 730,000 criminal aliens in U.S. or state prisons and local jails during the period measured. They accounted for 4.9 million arrests for 7.5 million offenses. (The numbers, according to the GAO: 197,000 criminal aliens in federal prisons, arrested 1.4 million times for 2 million offenses, between 2011 and 2016; 533,000 in state or local facilities between 2010 and 2015, representing 3.5 million arrests for 5.5 million offenses.)"

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Alex Nowrasteh, with the libertarian Cato Institute, analyzed the Texas data to make a comparison of immigrants in the country illegally and native-born residents. In a recent post he noted that in 2015 Texas police made 815,689 arrests of native-born Americans, 37,776 arrests of immigrants in the country illegally and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. Given the relative populations for each group, he wrote, “The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.”

I am basing the claim that native-born Americans have a higher crime rate than illegal immigrants on data from the right-wing Cato institute.

You cite many statistics but never give their source, which makes them impossible to evaluate. Goes to credibility, your honor.

The source was the GAO. You apparently never read the linked article. Goes to show how interested you are at getting to the truth and facts.

JWK

Politically speaking, a fully informed citizen in today’s society is one who diligently gathers their news from MSNBC and Fox News, i.e., opposing points of view.

Apples and oranges. The GAO provided your statistics on the apprehension and incarceration of criminal aliens, but what’s your source that refutes Cato’s data that these people are less likely to commit crimes than the native born population.

Which means that 4 out 5 US prison inmates is NOT a ‘criminal alien’. Which is more 1 or 4?

The assertion, whether true or not, is irrelevant. Importing the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, disease carrying and criminal populations of other countries into the United States increases the crime rate in the United States, not to mention the financial costs of supporting these invaders.

JWK

So you’ve made it clear. You don’t really care about the data. You just don’t like 'em. Your anger is what matters most to you.

My ire is directed more at the businesses that provide the jobs that attract these immigrants than at people who react rationally to those opportunities. It is the employment of the undocumented immigrants that undermines the social contract in America and generates the costs that you are so quick to blame on the victims of those who employ the undocumented.

Oh, but I do care about the “data” and the “data” is showing an alarming surge in illegal border crossings.

JWK

[B]order patrol agents apprehended more than 100,000 people trying to enter the country illegally in just October and November of last year. LINK

Well, H_Arendt? Is it not a fact the trend is showing an alarming surge in illegal border crossings?

JWK

Karl Marx popularized the word “capitalism” __ a word unknown to our founders’ __ to attack the free market system our founders created. Why do so many talking heads refer to our system as “capitalism” rather than a free market system which our founders created? Do they fear and recoil from the word “free’ like Marx did?

How many snuck across the border, and how many over stayed their visas?