Who will be elected Speaker of the House session number 116 in January 2019?

Clinton in a landslide.

I’m going with Jordan and I…can’t…wait.

I am going to go with Steny Hoyer.

No votes for McCarthy or scalise yet. And they are the favored r,s

Jim Jordan. Lol. Not a chance.

Allan

To what, see Jordan stroke out on live TV?

@biggestal99, check this thread out for future polls: Is there a poll function? - #7 by GrandWazoo

I’m going with McCarthy. I don’t think the Democrats are going to take the house unless they find something that motivates people to vote beyond being anti-Trump.

Trump is hurting the Rs with his immigration policy, and the tariffs are going to be hard on the economy, but many Democrats are on board with tariffs and this idea of wanting to abolish ICE is going to get Rs to the ballot.

George Will wants us to vote for Democrats this fall. I would love to do that if it is a check on Trump, but that’s all they really have to offer.

Not sure who the Speaker will be at this point, but he has my condolences if the Republicans do keep the House. The last 2 Speakers have essentially been run out of the House. And the current Speaker only begrudgingly took the job due to all the Republican infighting. And I only see it getting worse…

Scalise.[quote=“biggestal99, post:1, topic:5768, full:true”]
Political pride points to the people who get this one right.

and here are the candidates

1. Nancy Pelosi (D) (CA-12)
  2. Kevin McCarthy (R) (CA-23)
  3. Steny Hoyer (D) (MD-05)
  4. Steve Scalise (R) (LA-01)
  5. Jim Jordan (R) (OH-04)
  6. James Clyburn (D) (SC-06)

one of these fine politicians is your next House Speaker replacing Paul Ryan

Place your bets.

Allan
[/quote]

Scalise.

Wishful thinking.

Pelosi is the favorite, as are the dems to retake the house, whether it happens or not in 130 days is up in the air.

Allan

Pelosi is the chalk right now and like it or not, I think you have to eat the chalk on this one.

I would hope that if Dems win they move on from that tired old lady. Fresh blood fresh thoughts.

It would be the smart thing to do, but they won’t. The only positive about having her back as Speaker is watching all the bitter old men in here freak out.

I don’t consider myself old…but I have a long memory. I did not consider her to be a very good leader. I consider her to be a phoney old rich broad who uses her position to get wealthier.

1 Like

She got Obamacare though the house. That’s enough for me.

Allan

Yeah right. That was such a great piece of legislation!

She owes her position to her ability to fund raise.

Doesn’t make her the right choice

She’s not. However politically speaking, as a country we’ve been making a lot of bad choices recently.