WHO NEEDS CONGRESS? Elizabeth Warren Vows to Start Canceling Student Debt on ‘Day One’ of Presidency

Originally published at: WHO NEEDS CONGRESS? Elizabeth Warren Vows to Start Canceling Student Debt on ‘Day One’ of Presidency | Sean Hannity

Senator Elizabeth Warren double-down on her pledge to cancel student debt for millions of Americans Friday; vowing to begin the process on “Day One” of her presidency with or without Congressional support.

“Student loan debt is a crisis—and it’s only growing larger. This is crushing an entire generation and holding back our economy. That’s why I will act on day one of my presidency to start cancelling student debt and getting relief to families,” posted Warren on social media.

Student loan debt is a crisis—and it's only growing larger. This is crushing an entire generation and holding back our economy. That's why I will act on day one of my presidency to start cancelling student debt and getting relief to families.https://t.co/V5HCZzoTwo

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) January 17, 2020

“Presidential contender Sen. Elizabeth Warren said on Tuesday that she would begin to forgive student loan debt on the first day of her administration, using legal tools that would allow her to bypass Congress,” reports CNBC.

“I will start to use existing laws on day one of my presidency to implement my student loan debt cancellation plan that offers relief to 42 million Americans — in addition to using all available tools to address racial disparities in higher education, crack down on for-profit institutions, and eliminate predatory lending,” writes Warren.

Read Warren’s full proposal here.