Who needs Congress and state legislatures when activist judges can just change the law as they see fit

It looks like ME-2 is going to go to Biden. This may actually matter if things narrow. The Maine Supreme Court decision allows use of ranked choice voting for 1st time in presidential race after failed GOP bid.

Polls here in MD close at 8 PM. IF you are in line at 8 PM you still get to vote.

Why would either of those 14th Amendment provisions apply to matching signatures?
The individual was not afforded the opportunity to prove his/ her innocence of wrongdoing?

Precisely.

If the person posting this had read beyond the headline, they would have seen the details of the ruling.

Ok got it. In the case of non- matching signatures the voter had not been not been notified, given the chance to prove who they are or vote in person. That about cover it?

Yes and that is all Judge Bakerā€™s decision orders Indiana to do.

Great! An elimination of sorts to disenfranchised voters. We might just have the results of the Nov 3rd election by Easter?

Likely a week tops.

This is too onerous a time period for you?

1 Like

Iā€™ll vote in person because I can and typically when the door opens.
Iā€™ve stocked up on the Orville Redenbacherā€™s. This is going to be entertaining.

I called my County Election Office a few weeks ago just to ask some general questions. Depending on the document I usually sign ā€œFirst Name MI Last Nameā€ or ā€œFirst Name Middle Name Last Nameā€ depending the the day.

So I called in advance to verify what signature I used many years ago and then put a sticky on my voter registration card so that when I complete my mail ballot it will match.
.WW, PSHS

I find it interesting that Michigan automatically contacts you if your signature isnā€™t matching, and has since time in memoriam. Why is this suddenly an issue?

It will be for people who turn in their ballots late.

If the Biden ground game isnā€™t seriously pushing people to get their ballots in ASAP, theyā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  this up royally.

Hell Iā€™d be telling people to go vote in person, actually. Yes I know itā€™s a pandemic.

I have my North Carolina absentee ballot already. I will be making the trip down to Dobson to drop it off at the County Elections Office this week. I encourage everybody to make haste.

Iā€™m pissed that PA told me a week ago my ballot was ready to be mailed to me, but according to the tracking website still hasnā€™t been.

Read the Fifthteenth Amendment.

They should go by the post marks everywhere. If mailed after election day then too bad.

They do. Ballots have to be possession of the USPS by election day. Ballots postmarked after election day are not valid.
.WW, PSHS