Who is Eric Ciaramella

Biden was acting toward the interests of his crack head son.

1 Like

Biden committed the exact high crime you are so outraged at Trump for.

That’s a good idea.

he did threthen and confessed. His intentions however have not been established and only imagined

What I see from the public material is that Biden is on video record as threatening to withhold loan guarantees if a certain single prosecutor wasn’t fired. He did’t demand criminal charges…just wanted him out of the way…which is odd.

Trump has been looking for answers to the questions and has been careful to no step over the line.

Guiliani looks like he has been fishing and not catching much. Doing so in the open and not against any law or even national interest.

:derelict_house:

The overwhelming evidence says otherwise:

Everyone wanted Shokin gone. Here are news pieces prior to Biden demanding his ouster:

From December, 2015

The prosecutor general himself, Viktor Shokin - who was recently targeted in an assassination attempt - serves at the behest of President Petro Poroshenko. Shokin and the prosecutor general’s office “give a legal facade to the corruption schemes”, Bowser claimed.

Since he was appointed as prosecutor general by Poroshenko in February, Shokin has not brought any cases of corruption to court involving Yanukovich or his partners. Nor has he prosecuted the hundreds of high-level corruption cases that have been brought to his office by Ukraine’s parliamentary committee on preventing and combating corruption. [1]

From October 2015

The activists of so-called Auto-Maidan movement in nearly 100 vehicles drove up to the mansion where Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko resides, to hold a picket demanding resignation of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. [2]

From November 2014

That desire to be part of Europe still exists among the protestors, but their struggle has evolved into outrage at the corruption and cronyism that plagues Ukraine’s government. [3]

From December 2015

First, Poroshenko needs to immediately fire current Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. The United States’ Ambassador to Ukraine recently called out Shokin’s office for “openly and aggressively undermining reform,” and leading reformers in Ukraine’s parliament and civil society continue to demand Shokin’s ouster.

Despite this pressure, though, Shokin remains in place. Since he is a close ally of Poroshenko, it’s not hard to see why. Poroshenko is himself a wealthy oligarch, and in a system where prosecutors are used as weapons against opponents in business or politics, Poroshenko remains determined to maintain control over this critical lever of power. However, while Poroshenko’s seeming motivations for protecting Shokin are understandable, it’s time for the Ukrainian president to place his country’s interests above his own. [4]

From August 2015

Vitaliy Yarema, the general prosecutor appointed after the Euromaidan, left office in disgrace after only a year after failing to prosecute a single member of the Yanukovych regime for murder and grand corruption that brought Ukraine to the verge of bankruptcy. In mid-July, parliament began procedures to remove his replacement, Viktor Shokin, after only six months in the position. Ukraine’s civil society groups have burned effigies of Shokin in protest of his obstruction of investigations into high-level corruption and the murders of unarmed Euromaidan protesters. [5]

February 2016

The president has come under pressure at home and internationally for refusing to replace a long-time loyalist, Viktor Shokin, as chief prosecutor. Mr Shokin has been criticised for failing to bring to justice any of the snipers who killed dozens of protesters in central Kiev in the final days of the revolution, and for dragging his feet over investigating senior officials and businesspeople.

Taras Kuzio, a Ukrainian political analyst, tweeted that “the crunch is coming for President Poroshenko who has to choose between finally supporting anti-corruption efforts or losing IMF money”. [6]

Shokin did not bring any prosecutions to the corrupt regime. He blocked reform to clean up the judicial system. He was explicitly not prosecuting cases because he was soliciting bribes. This is a key undermining point to the farcical claim that Joe Biden “fired the prosecutor investigating his son.” On the contrary, he wasn’t investigating anything.

The amazing thing is not that he was sacked but that it has taken so long [1]. President Petro Poroshenko appointed Shokin to the role in February 2015. From the outset, he stood out by causing great damage even to Ukraine’s substandard legal system. Most strikingly, Shokin failed to prosecute any single prominent member of the Yanukovych regime. Nor did he prosecute anyone in the current government.

Shokin skillfully blocked reform. He was in charge of implementing the 2014 law on prosecution, which the European Union had insisted on for years. It aimed to reduce the role of the prosecutors, who were absurdly superior to judges in the Soviet legal system that persisted in post-Soviet Ukraine. The law also involved a reevaluation of all prosecutors with the intention of weeding out corrupt and incompetent prosecutors. Shokin manipulated the process so successfully that the old prosecutors prevailed and minimal renewal occurred.

For these reasons, Shokin has stood out as the most obvious obstacle to judicial reform. US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt called for his ouster in all but name in a speech last September, and Vice President Joe Biden did so explicitly during his visit to Ukraine last December.

Bursima and Hunter were subsequently investigated by the new prosecutor, Lutsenko, who found no laws were broken:

“I do not want Ukraine to again be the subject of U.S. presidential elections,” Lutsenko said in an interview Tuesday in his office in Kiev. “Hunter Biden did not violate any Ukrainian laws – at least as of now, we do not see any wrongdoing. A company can pay however much it wants to its board.” He said if there is a tax problem, it’s not in Ukraine. [8]

1. Ukraine: New government, same corruption | Corruption | Al Jazeera
  2. Auto-Maidan protesters arrived at Poroshenko’s residence, demanding Shokin’s resignation (photos) | UNIAN
  3. What's Happening in Kiev, Ukraine? - ABC News
  4. http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/12/30/corruption-in-ukraine-is-so-bad-a-nigerian-prince-would-be-embarrassed-2/
  5. Money Still Rules Ukraine – Foreign Policy
  6. IMF warning sparks Ukraine pledge on corruption and reform | Financial Times
  7. https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/shokin-s-revenge-ukraine-s-odious-prosecutor-general-fires-honest-deputy-before-parliament-sacks-him/
  8. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
4 Likes

But Trump’s have?

He didn’t want answers. He wanted a public announcement that his political rival would be investigated. We know all of the answers around the situation. He was not furthering national interests. In fact, he was hurting them for his own personal gain.

I said before that “if” so i don’t know yet. I suspect things or believe things but i don’t know for a fact.

Some more than others. 327 million people.

However are we going to determine intent? Comey seems good at it.

1 Like

Bring back the former Chancellor of Baylor!

1 Like

What a coincidence that the VPOTUS acted as a diplomat!!!

Hillary lost.

1 Like

I think it’s deeper than that. It seems only they are fit to choose who is acceptable and if we choose wrongly, they have a “duty” to rectify our mistake.

1 Like

I do not have any level of confidence this clears anything. Even Lutsenko used a large amount of hedge in that statement.

I keep returning to WHY would Hunter Biden be on that board at that time immersed in such corruption Corruption his VP father was supposed to be cleaning up.

How could anyone expect President Trump to NOT be piqued by this and want more information? I know I would sure like a better explanation.

Conjecture.

It is a unique and mystifying connection that a responsible President should not ignor:derelict_house:

Right, and Trump, being so keen on exposing and getting rid of corruption, can’t find himself to look anywhere else but at Biden in his nearly 3 years in office. Makes sense.

I appreciate this effort.

It will be ignored.

5 Likes

Why would anyone WANT him to look elsewhere?