Who here believes the Dem's really don't intend to pursue the Green New Deal if elected in 2020?

It calls for putting the US electric grid on 100% zero emission power.

Since you don’t live near Yellowstone, and probably don’t live near an ocean, nor do you have the money for a small nuclear reactor, I picked energy sources that would be somewhat practical for you to use.

For the next year, you can tell use all about how great solar and wind are…and do your part to reverse climate change.

What is not to like? Are you afraid of blackouts?

Popularity means everything in politics. I would be surprised if she doesn’t run for senator in a few years.

Sure- that’s a great goal- and very unlikely. But if we are going to tackle climate change we need to focus on radically reducing carbon based fuels and focus on energy efficiency and renewables. Many other countries have government policies to focus on this. Frankly as a conservative you should want this so we are not dependent on foreign sources of oil and coal.

Well, you see the problem is we need a guinea pig to iron these GND ideas out on before we roll them out nationwide. Especially the idea of 100% zero emission power.

Why don’t you want to be that volunteer to work out the kinks in 100% zero emission power? Do you love America?

Only other countries doing things are in the west, emerging economies will tell you one thing and do the other. China hasn’t finished growing and India is just getting started.

It would be cheaper to get each country to drop their emissions a little rather than gutting our economy. It’s just a fact that can’t be ignored China emits more emmisons than the U.S. and Europe combined and still growing and pumping out new coal plants. If it’s really a global problem one can’t just simply ignore it.

Energy efficiency and investing in renewables is a win win. It reduces Greenhouse gasses and reduces dependency on foreign sources of coal and oil. Pretty much every country in the world is doing it. Texas is one of the leading states doing it. Why not make it a national infrastructure policy plan?

Heres a piece on how rapidly Texas has taken to Green energy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upi.com/amp/Major-companies-cities-buying-into-Texas-green-energy-boom/6841548678865/

Not every country is doing it, the emerging countries are saying one thing and doing the opposite.

Btw I am on your side in terms of believing in AGW, just not including government policies. I think an Elon Musk type will be who invents something to majorly curb our fossil fuel use one day. Right not billions in R&D is being invested in companies to solve this problem as well as their pursuit to be the ones who make the tech to get rich.

If Texas is going full steam ahead doing this- why can’t the nation?

What is preventing the rest of the country from doing what Texas is?

Its crazy all the horrible stuff that has happened since the first shut down

We installed a Vivint Solar Deck on top of our garage. Its nice not paying for electricity. I need to get some of hose Tesla Batteries!

We feed back our excess into the grid. The power company writes us a check now. Vivint is responsible for the system. 5 years now. They had to replace one panel.

Making Energy

And this cool one they put above the High School

So because it’s not 100% perfect now, we shouldn’t strive for it to be?

It’s amazing how much cons vehemently oppose green energy.

If by some God granted miracle the Dems should sweep in 2020 they will be far too busy scrubbing the fetid Trump taint from government for the following two years to even have time to think about implementing any Green New Deal.

If you agree first to paying to install the latest solar and wind generating devices specked to power my home, if so, I will take that challenge!

I dunno man its pretty darn good. Electric cars rock. My buddy has a dealership for electric boat motors. Things are taking off whether America likes it or not. Dragging our feet because a bunch of knuckle draggers are scared because they dont understand it is even more frustrating. It took me a while to give up the crud. The oil lines. The Cooling lines. The high pressure hoses. The lovely petrol. But as you learn about Regeneration , Batteries, Currents Amps and Volts and it becomes more familiar it becomes less scary. I promise.

Not saying Oil is a bad thing either. Just saying that there are lots of good and efficient things out there so why not use them all. People were reluctant to give up whale oil too before The Government taxed the hell out of it. Petrol proved more efficient and cheaper and Superior…as Solar and Electrical is doing now.

Q: How many conservative economists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself

1 Like