Who could you cross the aisle for?

Double Ds are great, yes, not sure what it has to do with this discussion though

1 Like

Rewatching season one with the wife first, she didn’t catch it the first time. She isn’t much into the genre so it’s kind of freaking her out, which is hilarious. And I think its Rivia

1 Like

The Dems have no chance of making an even halfway credible impact if they don’t get behind Tulsi Gabbard.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s Rivia. I think the spell check got me.

I had to watch the first season twice to get a handle on all the unannounced time jumps. This second season is supposed to be more straightforward.

Oh my! :open_mouth:

Both parties are absolutely terrible.

Of the two, I think the Democrats have more fundamental ideological problems and what’s left of the old school “moderate” dems will be purged over the next few years or will tow the line. Sort of like Biden. Ran as a moderate and in the past has been a fairly moderate dem. But now? He sucks from the teet of the Jacobins.

Republicans shouldn’t be happy with the status of their party either, though. They are a train wreck and a barely organized opposition. The party is split between the Trump populists, the few run of the mill corporatists left, and the social right who seem to be allying in a coalition with the populists.

Would be interesting to see if a third party could do with the damage both major parties are suffering from.

2 Likes

Republicans aren’t for anything.

1 Like

Agreed. The old corporatist guard sees theirselves solely as opposition. They have no ideas. Maybe because they’re starting to realize they have no real power anymore.

The Trump Populists really can’t have any stable ideas. It changes constantly based on the current situation or controversy.

The social wing still has its multipoint plans. Not that they are achievable on a national level. They are finding success on the state level, though. I think the social right has realized that it can get its ideas passed on the state level by riding the coat tails of the Trump populists, since their groups have a lot of overlap.

1 Like

And for that reason they deserve to lose.

1 Like

They could, but they probably won’t.

1 Like

The nature of proletarian passions.

The Neo-Jacobins have the same problem with their base. It’s about passion and spirit. Mass frontal assault on the position without establishing the objective.

It’s hard to the self proclaimed leaders to keep up.

1 Like

I like this.

I think it was the BLM protests and riots that started reminding me of the Jacobins. Namely every big Jacobin (in this case, big Dems) attempting to control the Sans Culotte mobs and direct their fury.

And like those same Jacobins, they fail to realize that you cannot control the Sans Culotte or the proletarian mobs. They are their own entity, their own faction. Their interests only align with yours in theory. Once in practice, it’s all emotion and fury. And they’ll put the self proclaimed vanguard under the guillotine as fast as they can if you don’t toe that line.

Same with Trump and Jan 6th?

Honestly yes.

All of these “leaders” think they can control events. That they won’t go too far. They are fools to believe they have that kind of power.

We are in accord.

Sorry no shot.

Allan

The mob always has a mind of its own.

1 Like

Currently there are no democrats I could consider supporting for any public office.

1 Like

especially with non-citizens voting too now huh?

1 Like