Who cares for the suffering of animals?

Rules and regulations designed to protect animals from needless suffering have been removed or “de-toothed.”

Started under Obama, accelerated under Trump, agencies that were supposed to help animals are now hand in glove with animal abusers.

It’s documented in the article at the link below.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/caged-raccoons-drooled-in-100-degree-heat-but-federal-enforcement-has-faded/ar-AAGaIFc?ocid=spartandhp

meh. his administration has a similar regard for children. nothing new here.

1 Like

As a hunter and native I have great respect for animals and they deserve to not undergo unneeded suffering

3 Likes

There is NO EXCUSE EVER…to allow the suffering of animals. When mistreatment is found, like in the example regarding the raccoons, they should be severely prosecuted. There is NO EXCUSE.

3 Likes

Common ground!!’ :sunglasses::grin:

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I’m fine with “teachable moments” for minor issues like an enclosure being mildly too small.

BUT

In the cases of gross violations where common decency should tell people this isn’t right… no. Shut them down, fine them, or put the owners in jail.

If you can’t look at cages of heat stroked animals and say to yourself “hey I bet we need to cool off this building…” then you need to be prompted to find a new line of work and possibly need a soul transplant.

1 Like

No one cared when Obama did the same stuff…

1 Like

Obama started it. Trump is accellerating it.

But let’s put all the blame on Obama if you wish.

The point is, I placed this in Politics for a reason.

The protections these animals need has been and is being destroyed.

If you do care about their suffering, it’s time to contact all the politicians you can think of and tell them this is not acceptable.

This isn’t a case of PETA just being a bunch of jerks. This is companies treating animals as if they aren’t capable of fear, suffering, agony, etc. It should not be acceptable.

If you agree, time to contact your congressperson and senator and demand that they reverse the damage that Obama/Trump policies are doing.

2 Likes

What’s your opinion on the arson of the Amazon rain forest?

The same as arson, where ever it is.

MSN?
Please try to use news sources that have credibility, MSN is garbage propaganda after lying to their viewers for over two years about Trump colluding with Russians!

Let’s all pretend they’re fetuses shrinking away from the instrument coming in to kill them…

I’ll bet half the forum suddenly quit caring about suffering.

1 Like

Hell, even PETA doesn’t give a ■■■■ about animals.

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals killed most of the animals at its Norfolk, Virginia, shelter in 2014, according to preliminary figures filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

The group euthanized 2,454 of its 3,369 cats, dogs and other animals, the vast majority of which were “owner surrenders,” meaning that they’d been relinquished to the group voluntarily. Just 23 dogs and 16 cats were adopted."

Maybe if we just called animals a “collection of cells”,

We could use the language I’ve seen here that if a person doesn’t want an animal “inhabiting” their house, they should have the freedom of “choice” to kill them

Fetuses, of abortion term, don’t suffer.

Animals that have been born do.

Way to hijack the thread.

If babies and toddlers were tested like animals, left out in hot cars to die by loving parents, etc., etc. etc. there’d be plenty of outrage.

Abortion of fetuses, or of babies too malformed to live outside the womb or to have any quality of life whatsoever, is not equivalent.