Who Can Pass The Pearly Gates?

1 Cor 10:15 describes what happens when the final cleansing or purging of our sins happens before we enter heaven. Purge, hence the name Catholics have come up with Purge-atory…Purgatory.

Check out this one.

You should get a new bible. The one you have is defective.

My Bible defective? Nope… Maccabee is probably only found in Catholic Bibles.

15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say.
1st corinthians 10:15.

Not sure how this furthers your argument.

All right, I was wrong and madder a mistake. Try 1Cor 3:10-15

Yup. It’s missing a section.

And once again, you ares wrong in your assumption.The book of Maccabees is held as canonical scripture by the Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches (except for the Orthodox Tewahedo)

All those are Catholic or close “kin” right?

That doesn’t help your case either. I see nothing pertaining to purgatory either by name or description.

The many commentaries i checked don’t see it either.

IDK. You try telling any Orthodox Christian that they are the same as Roman Catholic sometime and let me know how it goes.

Have you ever told a missionary Baptist they ares no different than a southern Baptist?

Yes it does.

If you dont want tho see it then you won’t. There is none so blind as those who refuse to see

Did you read the commentary that I posted?

I looked this up at Wikipedia and I’m confused. Is there actual historical evidence of the Maccabees, or do all that is known of the conflicts come from stories in the Bible?

If you still have a rectum, teeth and nails, consider yourself in purgatory, now.

That’s actually good news.

Neither is the account of Mary’s appearance in Fatima to three children. She showed the children a vision of hell and those suffering in it. She said many people go to hell because they have no one to sacrifice for them and pray for their conversion.

The Blessed Mother was also asked whether two village girls who had recently died were in heaven. Mary replied one was, but the other was in Purgatory.

Just being born human is good news. However, reaching the stage of non-retrogression, requires faith and practice.

If we are in purgatory now, then the only other destination is heaven. One does not go from purgatory to hell.

No. That is mistaken dogma. The stage of non-retrogression does require faith and practice, regardless what various interpretations say.

Not really. But tell me more about what you believe.

One need not be a religious scholar or perfect person, but faith and practice is necessary.

Neither hell nor a purgatory is a place apart from the present moment. These are lifestates, not different places. Even faith as tiny as a mustard seed has the potential to grow into salvation with practice. Calling forth faith and practice even in a hellish state, an animal state or a state of anger or even a heavenly state of rapture or theoretical awakening, can lead to the stage of non-retrogression, where, no matter the degrees of hell and suffering, or animality, if strong faith and practice is maintained, one can reach the stage of non-retrogression.

By analogy a person learning to drive a car only in an empty parking lot, is not yet ready for difficulty of driving on a speeding highway. One must be tested against adversity.

Otherwise the term “purgatory,” is just a term with expedient meaning.