Who Can Pass The Pearly Gates?

Do only persons who give their life to Jesus go to Heaven?

Not in the literal sense.

I’ll make is simplistic
do only Christians go to heaven?

Nope, no one has a rightful claim to “paradise” (which is a confused word).

1 Like

But I’m always told differently by many Christians! Only they will make it to paradise.

That’s because they have self-doubt and inner-guilt. A lot of Muslims think that only Muslims will go to paradise, and a lot of Hindu’s have their arbitrary beliefs as well. It’s all the same inside the person.

Personally, I believe that our entire lives are a birthing process (I’m neutral on the idea of reincarnation). I do not believe that this is a one shot deal for what has been taught as paradise, regardless of the religious structure.

I am a Christian by the way.

No. Even some who do won’t make it.

anyone who ask for forgiveness.

Yes, for it is written:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (Jn. 14:6 NKJ)
“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12 NKJ)

But, this life isn’t the only opportunity to give your life to Jesus. Everyone gets another chance after death to repent and believe:

For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. (1 Pet. 4:6 NKJ)

On the politics Board I recommended " What About Those Who Have Never Heard?: Three Views on the Destiny of the Unevangelized" Gabriel Fackre;Ronald H. Nash;John Sanders.

I have a “fourth view” which is similar to Gabriel Fackre Postmortem Evangelism he calls “Divine Perseverance”. Except for 1 Peter 2:6 the scripture he cites for it, do not. I have a better collection of Postmortem texts on my site:

I told you I was still fleshing out my position. I got the missing pieces now and will be redoing that blog soon. What I missed is found in the Rich Man and Lazarus parable. Both Lazarus and the Rich man are in Hades. The "gulf (5490 χᜱσΌα chasma) separating Abraham and Lazarus from the Rich man is like a trench between them, not a ceiling. The rich man “looked up” which likely indicates they are in a higher level, but might not (cf. on wall “looks up” but actually down 2 Sam. 18:24).

I missed that, I interpreted Lazarus was in heaven, the rich man in hades. But that’s isn’t how Jesus and His apostles used the term Hades. You enter hades through the grave so both good and bad people went into hades. Once there the angels “gather the righteous” to their people, which is like paradise but still technically in “Hades” (the unseen realm). The lower levels was where the unrighteous are purged of their sins, till they repent and live according to God in the spirit (1 Peter. 2:6).

While their suffering would cease, dying unsaved keeps them out of paradise until Judgment Day when Hades (=the grave) is emptied and those who did not repent are cast into the Lake of Fire:

28 "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 "and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. (Jn. 5:28-29 NKJ)

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. (Rev. 20:13-15 NKJ)

More people have died “non-Christian” in history than Christian. But Scripture is clear, you only get to the Father via Jesus Christ. Divine Perseverance, God goes the extra mile. Even those who die in this life blaspheming Christ but repent in Hades, can be saved if they haven’t committed Eternal Sins like blaspheming the Holy Spirit:

31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matt. 12:31-32 NKJ)

Other eternal sins that won’t be forgiven is accepting the mark of the Beast (Rev. 14:9-11) or stumbling one of Christ’s children (Mark 9:42-48).

No one believes God will cast children (before the age of accountability) into the tormenting part of Hades, they would go to Abraham and Lazarus.

But the teaching Christ is the only way must be maintained, or one is not faithful to scripture. These have the propitiation of Christ applied to them when they died, or were aborted:

2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. (1 Jn. 2:2 NKJ)

Another thing I missed, the “torment” in Hades of those who eventually repent and “live according to God in the spirit” would end prior to Judgment Day, because God is just and His punishments are “according to works”. This “reversal” is implied in 1 Peter 2:6 where they go from being judged “according to men in the flesh” (for their sins), to “living according to God in the spirit”.

That’s when their torment in Hades would end. I missed that.

I will be redoing my blog on this soon, to include the above. I think my view superior to those three given in that book (which you should definitely get), because its consistent with the Resurrection, both and Old Testament Texts and the New which I cannot say for those other three views.

Not per Catholic theology.

Didnt Jesus say that all that is required to enter the kingdom is belief in God and faith?
When that happens the immortal soul is borne and you are through the gates.

I am Catholic and didn’t know this!

Too many Christians don’t understand the Book they cite for justifying their sinful judgements against others.

We’ve taught it for quite some time. I remember first learning this in the late 1970s in CCD class.

From the Catholic Catechism:
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

So you railed on other Christians, and even started this thread based on your incomplete knowledge of the basics of your own faith? Sounds to me like you really need to be rethinking and gaining knowledge of your own faith before lashing out against Christianity.

I’m not lashing out against Christianity, I’m asking the question
and I promise you, many Christians I know say Jews, Muslims, And others will not go to heaven unless they ask Jesus for forgiveness of their sins. So
if you don’t ask Jesus for forgiveness, will you go to heaven? That’s the question for the purists. Will the DaIai Lama go to heaven?

Everyone will. Eventually.

All will pass by The Lord Jesus and he’ll be The Judge.

There isn’t a heaven or hell.

The answer is only God knows if the Dalai Lama is going to heaven.