Who are the 10 terrorists Trump is referring to?

National Security is not important to the Democrats.

So every terrorist killed in a drone strike should be front page news?

Not even DHS is backing up Trump’s claim…

The actual statistic is more nuanced than the president suggested: on average last year, 10 people who are, or are suspected of being, terrorists were blocked each day from entering the United States from multiple locations around the world.

“The data concerns individuals attempting to travel to the United States by air, sea, or land,” the DHS official said. “On average last year, DHS prevented 10 individuals tied to terror — known or suspect terrorists — each day from traveling or attempting to travel to the United States. These are individuals that hit against U.S. terror watchlists. This is in addition to the 17,000 criminals and 3,000 special interest aliens that CBP apprehended at the border last year.”

So our war on terror should be conducted out in the open? :confused:

So 10 per day equates to 3,650 or so. Is it really unreasonable to assume that 10 of those might have been apprehended at our Southern border?

Focus, my little friend, focus. We are talking about 10 terrorists allegedly captured at our southern border. Not someone killed in a drone strike half way across the world.

Knowing about foiled terrorist plots and captured would-be terrorists doesn’t mean that every aspect of the “WOT” should be conducted “in the open.” That’s both a straw man and a false dichotomy. Good work on layering those fallacies.

But hey, even the administration and the DHS isn’t supporting your position. Congratulations. You’ve been hung out to dry. For nothing.

Did you read the full article?

Well, your so-called president brought it out in to the open talking about 10 terrorists apprehended, didn’t he?

1 Like

LOL - Trump did that very thing with his statement.

1 Like

Did they attempt to cross our border?

You realize the majority of terrorist attacks that have happened within the United States since 9/11 have been carried out by US citizens.

So by your logic US citizens are a threat to National Security.

Whats your definition of a low level terrorist? Is not every terrorist capable of terrorism? But please stop moving the goalposts.

We get it - Trump could say child abuse does not hurt children and you would be on this forum trying to defend his statement even though we know you would never actually believe such a statement yourself.

I just dont get the blind faith you have in Trump. You treat him as if he is a god who can do no wrong or make a mistake. This kind of hero worship for a politician is not good for the Republic.

1 Like

There was no article presented in the OP. I did read the follow-up articles.

How are they contradicting anything I said? Please be specific.

I have no blind faith in anyone. I’m simply discussing the premise that Trump lied about apprehending 10 terrorists at the border over the last couple of years (implied not stated)

What does that absurdity have to do with anything we are discussing???

Actually he didn’t. But Trump haters are certainly looking for him to do exactly that in order to prove he isn’t lying.

The article I posted with the DHS response… The 10 per day is the number of people who undergo increased scrutiny or are prohibited from traveling to the US by all modes of transportation: air, sea, land from anywhere in the world.

Actually he did no such thing.

And here is a news flash for you Trump haters.

Trump isn’t a so-called President. He is the duly elected President. He is your President, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it is of no consequence.