Who are the 10 terrorists Trump is referring to?

“We captured 10 terrorists over the last very short period of time”. 2 years is a very short period of time?

Haven’t a clue. Trump used hyperbole to make a point. Just because we don’t know the specifics doesn’t mean that Trump was lying. Reasonable people understand that simple concept. Trump haters? well I can’t speak for them.

In politics, hyperbole is lying.

You know the point I was making. No one is denying that open borders are a securiity threat but history has shown us that American citizens and those that come to the US legally and through the proper channels are more of a threat than immigrants crossing illegally.

So a specific statement is now hyperbole? Perhaps if he said we have apprehended many many potential terrorists over the past few weeks you would be correct but he specifically said “10”.

Bravo for your valiant defense of the President.

Maybe in your bizarro world.

So once again what is your point and how is it relevant to the OP discussion???

Within the context of Trump’s comment regarding the 10 terrorists, he was using hyperbole. The specific number apprehended is irrelevant.

And once again reasonable people fully understand the point Trump was making. But then again no one ever accused Trump haters of being reasonable about anything having to do with Trump.

If you like you doctor you can keep them… hyperbole!

Great now I know my next response to those claims.

2 Likes

absolutely. A good terrorist is a dead one or one in SUPERMAX.

Allan

Don’t bother. Peek’s job is to support Trump no matter what.

Peek is part of the 22%.

What I mean by that is after Nixon resigned from office, 22% of the nation still supported him. A liar, crook, conman, etc. 22%.

No there isn’t.

You don’t know the definition of hyperbole

How do you know it isn’t 10? Are we supposed to take the president literally?

why do you think he does that?

isnt the truth about the southern border enough?

Allan

Lets see if @peek-a-boo will reply to your comment. IF saying 10 terrorsits were apprehended is hyperbole then Obama’s statement also quailfies.

It doesn’t seem at all unreasonable to me to assume that when a President flatly states, “We caught 10 terrorists,” that it follows that we–DHS, ICE, someone–literally caught 10 terrorists.

That seems like a reasonable inference that reasonable people would make. There are ways to signal hyperbole and exaggeration; none are evident in Trump’s statement. And why would he use hyperbole, anyway, given the seriousness of the context?

we all know that the President is loose with the truth when doing off the cuff remarks.

he basically makes it up as he goes along.

Allan

Do you believe there are 10 terrorists in custody?

I actually agree with you. Obama was using hyperbole with his comment about keeping your doctor.

So you have no problem with Obama’s statement then right?