Who agrees it's time to stop political v non-political

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232058127740174339

So you think this was a good statement for a US Preaident to make on Feb 24th?

I didn’t say that. I said a four week old statement is about an entirely different situation than we are experiencing today.

Two months ago, when the CDC became aware of the virus outbreak in China, Trump was still a month away from issuing travel restrictions.

That’s how pandemics grow. Literally.

The time to act is when we are still on the flat line, not right before we start to hit the exponential uptick.

The time to act is when there are very few cases and it looks like you are embarking on a massive overreaction.

We had enough lead time from the China experience to know if the illness got here, containment PLUS mitigation was necessary. We would never contain it…we had to mitigate it.

Every day wasted increases the size of the exponential curve we missed mitigating and causes more and more draconian measures.

I don’t know why this has to keep being repeated.

Taiwan…another success story in this aspect.

Try 1000s

And its growing by a factor of 10 every 2 weeks

So what DO you think about that statement?

We know how pandemics spread and grow,

Why do people think four weeks ago we couldn’t have known this is where we would be today?

It’s as predictable as all get out.

The same thing im sure about Obama’s JV statement

Which is why what Trump said four weeks ago is no longer pertinent.

And when Trump did libs called him racist.

1 Like

lol.

4 weeks ago the POTUS should have realized after seeing china, and italy where we could be headed. And after seeing taiwan and SK< what we need to do.

Istead he promised lies and ■■■■■■■■■■■ his way through the job like he has always done.

4 weeks ago he could have led, and helped our country But he ■■■■■■ it up.

Then when it got a little more serious he handed it off to Pence then went golfing

1 Like

And this is why a political v non-political thread is still a good idea.
Some people are interested in the virus, what we should do, how it would affect our economy
Others are interested in bringing up for the hundredth time that Trump said something that wasn’t right a month ago.
Therefore…political/non-political.

Some libs did. I won’t defend them for saying that.

There’s no way this will ever be non political. See current thread and look at those pointing fingers. When that ■■■■ stops then maybe… but no, that won’t happen. Ever. Certain posters just like regular folk around the country are incapable of putting the venom away.

Sorry, but the username “hindsight” is already taken.

th solution rehires politcal action.

Our government must act.

Careful now.

And that is exactly why we need a coronavirus political thread. Let them use that to get it out of their system.

That you think it’s “them” is the problem.

Both sides violated the spirit of this thread.

It took 80 or so posts but it happened.

I tried though…oh well…