Who agrees it's time to stop political v non-political

Why is it you insist on not reading what I wrote, and instead assume what I wrote?

Lets say if there was national catastrophe and Executive Branch gets decapitated…isn’t there a system in place to carry on?

Is that what “some” of these agencies are suppose to do, plan for? Contingencies planes?

Ok. Yes, the CDC is doing the coordinating. So you should be happy.

Well since the CDC is under the presidents purview, I’d say as soon as we are over this issue, then a bunch of peoples heads there need to roll. As as the current president he needs to replace them with people who can do the job.

Doesnt really matter at the moment why the situation got this way, what we should be looking at is how to reduce or stop it from happening again so as to prepared for the next time one of these comes around because it will.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think there is going to be one helluva learning curve coming up. What we need to have things in place once triggers it become automated. Like air travel, test kits, labs et.

Again we need to move just as fast as air travel.

I’ll leaving it to minds that know but I do know they let us all down. After decades of warning us about this very thing…and here they wee unprepared. That what bugs my ass. Over 70 years in existence and half a trillion dollars…that’s uncalled for IMO.

Was it decapitated?

Are you really going to say these agencies should say “Well, we’re not getting orders from the head of the Executive Branch so let’s just pretend they don’t exist”?

They should have a system in place to get manufacture, labs etc started at moment notice…had them on retainer. Do you understand what I mean by having em on retainer?

Because I’m not sure you do.

They did.

They screwed up the initial set of tests.

What they really should have done was used some of the WHO’s tests until they ramped up.

I’m in the middle of a remodel. So, as long as they are maintaining the guidelines keep clean, sanitary and take precautions then I see no difference than the crowds of less than 10 or 6 foot distancing.

I can sanitize all common surfaces at the end of each day as well.

I’m in SW Florida. Just announced all bars and restaurants are closing.

Hmm…well, our clients are more like ‘yeah, we’d rather not…’ And honestly, I’m not crazy about sending our guys into a bunch of houses…our clients are affluent and travel frequently.

I’m sure there is, but the executive wasn’t decapitiated, so the CDC couldn’t act without exec. direction.

Was listening to the news today and there was conversation about the “Readiness Report” that received a good score. The person admitted it “may have to be revised”. Ya think?

This is what burns me as well. All of this time and money spent on what? :angry:

1 Like

It’s the death rate that needs to be considered, not the toll so far, long before the outbreak has even run it’s course. It seems to be at least as contagious as the flu if not more so. If we handle it the way people have dealt with the flu in recent history, many millions will be infected, and with a mortality rate of two or three pert, the final death toll would be huge.

I get that. Most of our work is new construction and the GC’s are running a very tight ship with this. They don’t want the job sites shut down.

Our existing home remodels are run by GC’s as well whose clients are very affluent, so the same standards apply.

My employees are very well aware of what they need to do. Anyone caught with sloppiness knows they will be sent home.

However, I suspect we will see a lot of drop off in remodels. That is okay with me; we’ve been slammed for so many years we need the time to take a breather.

What does concern me, when this is all over with there will be more work than can be handled.

Now that Trump is behind the 8 ball politically…We get, " Let’s stop being political". Funny how that happens.

2 Likes

No Italy does not, not with ventilator capacity. I linked a paper on those numbers in another thread. The US has 20 point something per 100k to Italy’s 5 point something. It’s not the lack of beds killing people, it’s the lack of ventilators.

Banned my contractor from the house, he can still work on the new pool deck outside but he can’t come inside for now. Same with the cleaning ladies but I told them they will keep getting paid for it anyway.

Makes sense. I have flooring scheduled next week or the week after. Getting anything done in this neck of the woods is almost impossible.

Um…I’m not a Trump supporter.

2 Likes