Whittakers appointment as acting AG is illegal

Trump definitely isn’t a wordsmith that’s for sure.

And he does shot from the hip.

Meh, no it doesn’t.

Ant always shoots his foot.

The problem is…we know Trump and Whittaker have had one on one meetings and have actually “formed a bond”.

That has come out in the reporting too.

Would have been much easier for you to have used Occam’s Razor, you know.

This insane desire to defend a guy that’s not worth defending is beyond me.

I’m not saying turn around and “become a lib”…just do not understand the committment to go balls to the wall to “explain away” an obvious falsehood.

1 Like

Trump really doesn’t know Whitaker at all…

What was the question he was asked? I looked at the NYT story and it gave his answer but omitted the question that prompted it.

Appointing him as “ACTING HEAD” is legal. To make it a permanent appointment he then needs to go to Congress. But the left KNEW that before they said it.

That Whitaker fella is truly a Trumpster.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1061073014593409025

Awesome…

The arguments of trumper’s defending Trumps words…its just simply :joy:

As if Trump is some bible to be deciphered for meaning…no he is a liar stop falling for it or keep looking goofy :rofl:

i guess all that word becoming flesh made it hard to use words…

1 Like

He must be CONFIRMED to hold the AG position. It will get a fight.

Donald doesn’t need Senate confirmation for his AG. He’ll just get a new acting AG every 210 days. Other presidents probably couldn’t have gotten away with a move like this. Donald will be able to do this, and it’ll barely be a thing.

Anyone Trump appoints will get a fight along partisan lines.

The Whitaker appointment is already quickly on it’s way to being tested in court…

If it’s illegal have you called the police?

The police don’t determine whether something is illegal or not, the courts do… Like in the case above, the state of Maryland is asking a federal judge to rule on the appointment since, if the appointment is not legal, the attorney general of the US (Whitaker) can not respond to the lawsuit. This is going to pop up in federal courts across the nation where the AG is party to federal lawsuit… Unintended consequences of a reckless appointment…

1 Like

Classic Hannity forum word parsing to twist a situation to suit your own facts.

We are told time and tome again Trump is one of the most succesful businessmen on thr planet. If that is true then There is no way he could have reached such a lofty status while being woefully inarticulate like you are claiming Trump to be.

Here’s the question I pose to you. Is the Senate in session?

If it is, it’s illegal, and you have something, If the Senate is not in session, then it’s a recess appointment, and it’s legal.