Whittakers appointment as acting AG is illegal

You consider those guys final authorities instead of court Judges?

The Vacancies act of 1998 specifies legal requirements for an appointee. Check out the statute.

What’s worst, that he picked guy to be the acting attorney general who he doesn’t know, or lying (we have the proof) that he doesn’t know him?

Meh reading what he said it sounds more like he was saying he didn’t know him before he came to work at the DOJ.

Thanks for the trumpsplanation.

It sounds NOTHING like that.

“I don’t know Matt Whitaker,” Trump told reporters on Friday as he left the White House for a trip to Paris. “Matt Whitaker worked for Jeff Sessions. And he was always extremely highly thought of and he still is. But I didn’t know Matt Whitaker.”

He says right there in the quote how he knows him now, I would assume he meant he didn’t know him previously to his contact with him once he started working for Sessions.

Where? “I don’t know Matter Whitaker” is what he said TODAY before he left for Paris.

A month ago, he said he does know Whitaker.

No…he said “I DON’T (present tense) know Matt Whittaker”.

He said “I DON’T know”…both times.

Your transcript with the “didn’t” is incorrect. I just heard the quote on the news.

1 Like

Yeah… No it doesn’t.

The fact that you had to explain it tells us the culture and political differences in how we interact.

We’re those AGs overseeing criminal investigations into Obama?

Note: this post is not flaggable.

See, to me language has meaning. To Trump supporters, language means whatever it needs to mean for Trump to be right.

So when Trump says he doesn’t know Whitaker. What he really means is he does know Whitaker.

1 Like

It does indeed.

Since his “explanation” was a fantasy, it demonstrates the unreality in which you live.

why is it not flaggable?

Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

Trump doubling down on his lies…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061104224090628097

Keeps getting better…

Because it’s not against TOS.

This does read as him doubling down on a lie, but there is something in there that caught my eye… when he mentioned “no social contract”. Very odd thing to put in there and in a very odd way. Makes me believe they talked about Mueller and Whitaker’s possible recusal and Trump not explicitly asking, but them coming to an understanding. I’m guessing we’re going to have some interesting House hearings about this appointment in a few months.

Trump loves the veterans, hires the right guy!

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1061020792618696709