Whittakers appointment as acting AG is illegal

It got bolded when I pasted it by accident…

You can’t see the other 2 options?

Right. The point is Trump can make anyone he wants AG and he doesn’t need to worry about what anyone, including the Constitution, has to say about it.

Commence shuffling!

1 Like

Hello, McFly…

• The President can select a senior “officer or employee” of the same executive agency, if that employee served in that agency for at least 90 days during the year preceding the vacancy, and is paid at a rate equivalent to at least a GS-15 on the federal pay scale.

“I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it." - Disraeli

1 Like

He won’t, but it sure would be fun to watch…

Whitaker has been the Chief of Staff and is far down the line of succession. The deputy AG and all the division heads are are above him in the chain of command. But Whitaker is friendlier to trump than he is to the DOJ, so it’s no surprise he was tapped. This should be screaming corruption d swamp, but republicans have lost their desire for ethics in place of protecting trump.

1 Like

The law is as clear as it can be…

Benjamin Disraeli is notorious for being incoherent, nonsensical, and inscrutable.

That’s why no one ever quotes him.

1 Like

I thought he was asked to resign.

Maybe I’m missing something.

I don’t know about your employment world, but it works like this in mine:

Resigned <> Asked to Resign.

Asked to resign = Fired.

But he resign no less.

Yes. And he was fired.

No, when asked to resign he could have said no and made Trump fire him.

Nope. He was fired. Asked to resign after months of being belittled by the President publicly and his employer creating intolerable working conditions.

That amounts to being fired.

He didn’t have to resign.

Yes, I agree with you. He was fired.

But he resigned no less.

If an officer of an Executive agency (including the Executive Office of the President, and other than the Government Accountability Office) whose appointment to office is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office—

It’s like that new york district attorney. Trump ask for the resignations of them all. The one in NY refused to turn in a resignation. Trump then fired him.