White House pulls CNN Acosta’s pass

Maybe I should start a new thread and you guys can explain to me just exactly what rights were violated.

We’re not CNN. No one here is CNN or is representing CNN in a lawsuit.

Ask CNN or their attorney. I’m sure they’d be happy to share that info with you.

The White House established public access for journalists. The government cannot provide a benefit to some and not others based solely on political considerations.

A very similar case occurred in 1977 and was won by the journalist by the name of Robert Sherrill.

For what it’s worth, Sherrill actually got into a fist fight with a Johnson campaign aide, clearly a much greater offense than Acosta brushing against an intern.

Ugh! Fooled- so sorry.

First and fifth amendment. read the lawsuit.

Allan

sherrill v knight.

“Having determined that appellants’ failure to articulate and publish an explicit and meaningful standard governing denial of White House press passes for security reasons, and to afford procedural protections to those denied passes, violates the first and fifth amendments, we affirm that portion of the District Court’s judgment requiring notice, opportunity to be heard, and a final written statement of the bases of denial. We remand that portion of the District”

Jeez its real simple.

even a trump supporter can read this opinion and weep.

Allan

Oooh precedent.

Except Acosta tackled that intern and beat her up. That’s very different from that case.

Just did…next.

Allan

you cannot arbitrarily remove a white house press pass, due to first and fifth amendment problems.

You know due process, that little pesky thing that gets in the way of Trumps edits from high.

Allan

In your opinion why are they violating 1st and 5th Amendment?

What due process that was violated? The president can just cut off all white house briefing…or would that be a violation?

Honestly that would be preferable- or at least kick out everyone but Breitbart Gateway Pundit and Infowars.

The president can do what he wants regarding briefings but cannot pull a persons white house press pass permanently without due process.

Its clear cut.

Trump needs the press.

or dont you know that.

Allan

Trump doesn’t need the press…in case you have forgotten we are well on our way in 21st century.

Seems to me the press needs the White house for more then Trump needs the press.

Sure.

10chuckles

1 Like

without being mentioned in the press, Trump would die a thousands deaths.

it’s crack to him.

Allan

3 Likes

LOL

10Bubbles

1 Like

Are people still pretending Acosta assaulted the staffer or have they moved on to other excuses outside of Trump wanting to punish someone.

1 Like

Sanders is desperately trying to change the tune to “He is sooooo rude!”

Not sure why that would cause the Secret Service to be involved tho…

He never won another election…

Right. Now it’s all about fairness to the other reporters.

The problem is the other reporters are standing by Acosta.