White House pulls CNN Acosta’s pass

Well that says a lot.

I see. It’s cool that the god emperor acts like an ass, but not anyone else. Just making sure.

Yeah, we definitely get the right-wing double standard here.

I have no problem calling out his asshattery. I did so in prior posts in this thread. The problem here is the loyal Trumpers who forgive his attitude and demeanor, and expect less of the sitting president than they do the press.

Look, we get it. Two different standards. President is allowed to be a horse’s ass, but the press is expected to act with decorum and honor.

When the ■■■■ did the buck land below the top? From 2009-2016 it stopped at the top, and the president was expected to lead by example.

It’s embarrassing to see Trumpers fall all over themselves and each other defending his hypocrisy.

Yes, that double standard I’ve been talking about all thread.

Trump has been an ass throughout his presidency.

This was a new day, new presser. Trump started the aggression TODAY. And he gets no blame because “he’s the king.”

The fealty from Trump supporters is amazing.

You see what you want to see.

I don’t expect anything different.

And were you interviewing me at a press conference like you respond to me here, I’d certainly cut you off as well.

Well take it up with one who does that.

I never said Trump’s behavior is right.

But for you libs, unless someone hates Trump with the same vitriol you hold, that person is a “Trumper”, subject to all the BS you dish out.

Truly curious, because I see this type of response a lot.

You seem to attempt to be distancing yourself from the POTUS’ behavior, and rightly so, but not actually going so far as to condemn said behavior. But it seems you have no problem with issuing those same condemnations, for matters involving arguably more tame behavior, to those on the other side of the aisle. Why is that? Why do all of you who don’t want to be lumped in with the Trumpsters not saying anything about his behavior, his rhetoric?

Also, if Acostas behavior is so out of line base don his past performance, then why did Trump freely call on him?

Yes, we see the double standard. You don’t need to keep remind us about the Trump double standard.

It’s a movie about stealing stuff. It was a bad joke.

Yet here you are defending it.

“You libs.” It’s pathetic how often this is the fallback for Trump supporters who get called on their double standards.

No other defense so start lobbing around “you libs.” It’s so boring.

When you (generic) can’t hold Trump to the same, or HIGHER, standard than a reporter, you’re a Trumper. When Trump is NEVER responsible for anything, you’re a Trumper. When Trump STARTs the altercation, but you still manage to blame the other guy, of COURSE you’re a Trumper. How are any of those characterizations unfair?

Only a snowflake would think that was a karate chop.

Maybe not in this specific thread (yet), but I have elsewhere.

This thread is about Acosta. That’s what I commented on.

All you’re trying to do is what-about-ism. Acosta did what he did. He’s been doing that for a long time. You don’t do that to the president. (Now tell me all about Joe Wilson again.) You don’t do that to the president. Even if you think the president is an ■■■■■■■■

Maybe to give him the rope to hang himself? Mid-terms are done. Trump is taking scalps now. Jeff Sessions is out. Acosta is out. He’s sick of fighting uphill. Expect more of the same moving forward.

Put down the mic, Jim.

Thanks for proving my point.

Wait, you’re saying Acosta the other day is equivalent to Joe Wilson? Not even close… Wilson broke decorum in a manner that’s unprecedented.

The WH Press is supposed to ask tough questions of the POTUS… that’s literally their job. At what point in the exchange do you think Acosta stepped over the line? Im just trying to understand when this behavior became too much. I think Acosta should’ve stayed in his seat once the NBC guy got up, but he didn’t, he owns that, but in no way shape or form does it warrant pulling his pass. That’s just flat-out ridiculous. His question was absolutely relevant, so Im just trying to understand all the outrage here.

2 Likes

The president has no power to “insist” who covers him.

No, I’m not.

I’m alluding to the sole counter-example libs have whenever trying to defend all the examples of unhinged libs – such as during the Kavanaugh hearings, and the way the press behaves at Trump pressers.

Acosta wasn’t asking a question. He was orating. He was trying to lecture Trump. And it wasn’t just that one incident. It’s his MO.

He could have asked a question in one sentence. It’s time the press starts doing that.

Clearly he has the power to say who can’t cover him any more.

1 Like

No he doesn’t…but his administration does have the power who can or can’t come to a press conference.

My prediction: Acosta will get a reprieve, And at his next presser he’ll double down and get a perma-ban.

What is “The Narrative” ? The truth of my response to utter bull ■■■■■

My bad then, that was the impression I got.

As for the orating, yeah thats where he wound up, and I’ve already said he should’ve ■■■■ at that point and stay seated, but that’s not how it started. The POTUS called him, he started into the question and in the midst of it, said the caravan is “clearly not an invasion” and proceeded… that’s when everything went sideways. And watch plenty of interviews from any number of reporters of any political persuasion… they often time make injections like that. It’s crazy to me that people are supporting this for what little he did.

But all of this is a distraction from the point of Acostas question, which was the POTUS characterizing this band of immigrants as an “invasion”. The Pentagon is even distancing themselves from it. Why shouldnt the POTUS be held accountable for making such statements? If he has the balls to say them, he should at least have enough of a spine to answer for them.