White house official mocks dying McCain

Apology for what? Apologizing that you’re trolling and intentionally conflating issues in a troll-like fashion?

Here you go. I’m sorry you’re acting like a troll and pretending to be obtuse.

Happy?

2 Likes

How does an aide apologize to the public? Stand out on the lawn and yell “I apologize”? Once the apology was made public, it was a public apology. Or, if not, then the original “joke” was never made public.

The real thing is this is a lame gotcha attack on Trump, who had nothing to do with the statement to begin with.

I wonder if that’s what Kelly Sadler said to Meghan McCain.

ummmm… I doubt it.

Are you seriously acting as if you do not know how a public official can make a public statement of apology? Or are you just trolling people here Doug. I cannot tell if you are trying at humor here or what exactly?

No, the real thing here is that what was said was vile and disgusting and directed from a position of hatred, which is what this administration is becoming known for. Had Sadler came out and made a short press release apologizing for her comment, then this would have ended the day it started. Since the White House, under the management of Trump, opted not to do such, then of course it has morphed into what it is now, still being discussed and is another blemish on the Trump administration as a whole. It is another, in an ever growing list, of self-inflicted wounds.

As for leaks in this White House, here is an interesting article describing the behavior that is fostered and encouraged in this administration.

Here is the original article from Axios that New York magazine references…

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-leakers-leak-about-leaking-dae05b8e-e792-41a7-bb74-c2756b542cd0.html

• My colleague Mike Allen, who has spent nearly 20 years covering the White House, says we learn more about what’s going on inside the Trump White House in a week than we did in a year of the George W. Bush presidency.

• This White House leaks so much that meetings called to bemoan leaks begin with acknowledgement the bemoaning will be leaked, which is promptly leaked…by several leakers in a smallish room.

• "To be honest, it probably falls into a couple of categories,” one current White House official tells me. “The first is personal vendettas. And two is to make sure there’s an accurate record of what’s really going on in the White House.”

• "To cover my tracks, I usually pay attention to other staffers’ idioms and use that in my background quotes. That throws the scent off me," the current White House official added.

• “The most common substantive leaks are the result of someone losing an internal policy debate,” a current senior administration official told me. “By leaking the decision, the loser gets one last chance to kill it with blowback from the public, Congress or even the President.”

• “Otherwise,” the official added, “you have to realize that working here is kind of like being in a never-ending ‘Mexican Standoff.’ Everyone has guns (leaks) pointed at each other and it’s only a matter of time before someone shoots. There’s rarely a peaceful conclusion so you might as well shoot first.”

This is what Trump’s management style encourages. There has never been as leaky of an administration as the one we are witnessing today. It is quite amazing really. Even more so, when any of the people within the administration bemoan leaks. This is what their boss clearly encourages and it is the environment he has established.

Here, I’ll apologize for all of us…

Dear Human,

We are so sorry that there are sometimes societal changes from generation to generation.

Signed,
Other Humans

PS: We are not apologizing for the good that comes from it (women voting, interracial marriage, equal rights).

1 Like

Its another blemish on the media and Trump haters, nothing more. This was never a public “joke” in the first place.
An apology that was printed all over the media is as much a public apology as the original statement.

And it has to do with one slip by one person. Making more of it is just exploiting McCains condition for political purposes.

Hogwash and you know it Doug. Sadler told Meghan McCain she would publicly apologize.

During the phone call, McCain told Sadler she needed to apologize publicly, and the White House aide said she would

Good grief man. Carrying their water must really do a number on your back Doug. Discussing the implications of a White House that fosters an environment where it is deemed acceptable to hold such hateful attitudes and express such vileness towards fellow Americans is not exploiting anything, and certainly not McCain’s brain cancer. Trying to turn this around on the people who are disgusted by such hatefulness and expect the leaders within our government to “be better” is absurd. But I know it is the only play you have, since you Must…Defend…Lord…Trump!!!

pfff one slip? give me a break, McCain has been ridiculed multiple times and the WH has always refused to apologize. She promised an apology yet it seems Trump has made clear his no-apology position, he has advised others in the past not to apologize and criticized those who did. It seems to me Trump made it clear to Sadler and the rest of his staff they were not to apologize, I can find no other explanation for refusing to do such a simple thing.

1 Like

So jokes about brain cancer are fine as long as they are done in private?

I get dizzy trying to keep up with all these new nonsensical rules right wingers keep making up every day.

1 Like

That POW comment is all but forgotten.

It really is hard to keep up with.

During the campaign I posed a hypothetical where I said “Let’s assume a guy had sex with an underage girl…”

One person would not go on record condemning that. I tried over and over. Haven’t valued their opinion ever since. Don’t read their stuff. There are very valid reasons to ignore people in life.

Utter nonsense. That was one sentence by one person. You don’t need an atmosphere for one person to say one stupid thing. That’s what I’m talking about…taking one sentence that the person may have regretted saying as soon as they said it and spreading it into some fantasy about the administration.
It was so accepted in the administration that multiple people immediately tattled to the press (though I certainly don’t agree with doing that).

The answer is “no”, though the question doesn’t really make any sense attached to my statement.

Get real Doug. As if this is the lone example of something hateful, crass, tasteless, and vile being stated from within this administration. Do you really expect us to buy that nonsense? Trump displays virtue and class, and this was an anomaly. Okay brother. :roll_eyes:

Yes. Something on this order was indeed an anomaly. And it was one sentence by one person. Please do get real.

gee I wish I knew about the one-sentence rule during the Obama years. I’d be invoking that rule like alll the time maaaannnnnnnn

seriously what are you smoking?

2 Likes

1,001 horrible comments by Donald Trump are collectively rolling their eyes at this intellectually vacuous post. Do we really need to rehash all of the horrible things Trump has said?