White House Counsel Don Mcgahn Cooperating with Mueller

Personal insults and attacks. The sign of defeat. Typical for you these days.

Defeat? Far from it.

Here are the two competing narratives spelled out in detail: No surprise which one Trump-haters embrace and which one Trump supporters embrace.

Both are equally compelling. Time to move on.

Realizing that I will no longer give you the time of day, if you want to continue wasting your time chasing me from thread to thread, who am I to say you can’t.

Knock yourself out!

I’m just offering my opinion on a discussion forum. I don’t expect or demand you change your mind or do anything specific. You’re of course free to respond or not. I don’t care.

But I will continue to respond as I see fit regardless of what you say. I’ll decide for myself what is and isn’t a proper use of my time. It would be the height of arrogance for someone else to tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Those narratives don’t contradict each other, you know.

Interesting that you believe they do.

1 Like

You sound hopeful.

If by that you mean I believe McGahn has given information to Mueller that implicates (or corroborates evidence already in Mueller hands) Donny in conspiracy and/or obstruction of justice, you would be correct.

I never stated that they did.

Of course you did.

Competing, not contradictory. Certainly someone with your superior intellect understands the difference.

I think I’m reasonably bright but it doesn’t take any intelligence to know how to properly use the English languge.

Narratives compete to provide different explanations to the same set of facts. Both explanations cannot be true at the same time. As an example, there were competing narratives to describe the planets orbiting around the sun or vice versa. Both couldn’t be true.

1 Like

And contradictory narratives are completely at odds with one another. As was pointed out, the narratives are competing but are not contradictory. In any case, I’m not going to entertain you any further with this diversion.

We are done.

Not completely contradictory, now but they would need to have at least some differences. No one said they should be completely contradictory, which would make your statement a straw man.

If both narratives can be true at the same time, they’re not competing. A competition only allows for one winner.

You might want to Google “competing narratives” so that you won’t look so stupid with your follow-up reply.

You heavily implied it by saying the different sides would prefer one over the other.

Why are those “narratives” “competing” ? They’re not contradictory. And, CNN also reported the story about what Trump’s lawyers believe about McGahn’s interviews with Muellers team:

Note that the Fox News piece you cite is based on reporting by the Washington Post.

I implied no such thing. Just because each side embraces a different competing narrative does not imply those competing narratives are contradictory.

Did you google competing narratives before you used the term?

Remove your edit and I will respond to your post.

It absolutely does.